Chapter 3 | Of Letters and Giants

As expected Harry was only allowed freedom when the school had closed and Dudley had broken most of his birthday presents, which came to no surprise to either of the twins as they both knew he was a spoiled brat.

     The mail slot clanked and Aleah got up to fetch it before Uncle Vernon could find an excuse to lock either Harry or herself in the closet again. She picked up the letters and shoveled through them, when something peculiar caught her eye.

     Two yellowish envelopes, that were quite heavy, but that wasn't why it was peculiar. What made them strange and mysterious was the fact that there was one for herself and one for Harry.

Mr. Harry James Potter

The Cupboard under the Stairs

4 Privet Drive

Little Whining

Surrey

-----

Miss Aleah Lily Potter

The Cupboard under the Stairs

4 Privet Drive

Little Whining

Surrey

     Ally headed back into the kitchen handing Uncle Vernon his bills and envelops, she was staring at her letter, "Ah Marge is ill, ate a funny whelk!" Uncle Vernon said to Aunt Petunia, she was just peeling of the wax seal when Dudley grabbed both letters from her hand.

     "Dad! Dad, look Aleah's got a letter!" he shouted as he handed the two letters to his father.

     "Hey! Give those back," she said angrily glaring at her cousin, "Those are our letters!"

     Uncle Vernon chuckled as he stared at her, "Yours? Who'd be writing to you?" he asked as he looked down at the half opened letter. His smile faded as he took a longer look at the envelopes, Aunt Petunia and Dudley had gathered behind him and Aunt Petunia also looked spooked by the envelopes.

     "OUT!" Uncle Vernon shouted shoving the twins and Dudley into the hallway, he shut the door and the twins could hear him and Aunt Petunia talking in hurried whispers.

     "What was that about?" Dudley asked them sounding hurt, he was not used to his father treating him the same way as he did the twins.

-----

     The next day Ally was reading in the cupboard under the stairs when she heard a whirring sound, Harry snuck a peek out and saw their Uncle in front of the door muttering audibly, "No more mail through this letterbox."

     Harry closed the door and rolled his eyes at his sister, "I wonder who it can be," he mused and they both wondered about the mysterious letter writer.

-----

     This madness continued the whole week, the more Uncle Vernon tried to get rid of the letters the more seemed to appear, this made both Harry and Ally giggle with glee. Whoever was trying to reach them wasn't about to give up this easily.