[Prologe] Poof, there goes my idolization

Some heads up before you start reading, this story contains references to suicide, mentions of violence, and many headcannons. Not all of this is accurate to the cannon world of MHA, although I tried to make most characters as accurate at possible, but for sake of the story, I have changed a couple.

Thanks for your understanding!

---------------------------------------------------------

"Why don't you go take a swan dive off the roof?" Those words... those words... they kept repeating in my mind like a broken record. A swan dive, A SWAN DIVE!? He thought he was sooo hilarious when he was the only one laughing! Oh, but that wasn't the worst thing that was said to me that day, maybe to some bystander who knew nothing of me, but to me, the single phrase meant nothing compared to this.

I've been told over and over, and I never really payed attention, I just listened to my heart telling me that some miracle will come along and I'll prove them all wrong. However, this time was different, very different.

I want you to imagine something for me, imagine being told by your idol, your hero, the person you looked up to the most, that you could never achieve your dreams. How much would that hurt?

"I cannot simply say 'You can become a hero without a quirk'" All Might said that, it came from his own mouth. As soon as that phrase was uttered, my whole world was shattered.
"If you really want to help people, you could become a police officer. But you have to consider what's realistic, young man."

...But that wasn't what I wanted, not what I wanted to hear nor be. I was fed up with anyone saying a phrase along the lines of, "I'm sorry, but you're quirkless." And now I'm hearing it from the Symbol of Peace? My one idol, the one person that kept me going, was now shoving me down. I was trying to be realistic, but I guess I was just trying to run from the harsh truth. Well, I suppose he was right, I could never be a hero, and I never was.

With that sentence, my used-to-be idol left and I sat there, feeling tears starting to roll down my face again. It felt as if someone stabbed me.

"First someone told me to kill myself, and now my hero told me my dream was impossible..?" I muttered. That was it for me, I was tired of feeling sorry for, I wanted everyone to feel intimated whenever they hear my name...

***

After the sludge villain incident, All Might offered me his quirk. Of course I accepted, what idiot would be so stupid as to not to? He trained me, as much as I hated it, he trained me for a few months before the UA exams came, and I got in.

Everything was going pretty much according to the plan I built in my head, but a couple weeks after the exam, someone caught my attention. And I scoped him out. I told him everything, what All Might said, what he gave me, etc, etc. And he offered me more power, giving me a new quirk that was easier to control and would keep me undercover for longer, Hypnotic Gas. Basically, I can make this gas appear that if inhaled, can make people do my bidding. Which was nice, I could even make them forget a scenario that accord up to half an hour ago. Although it can only control two people at a time, everyone else just gets knocked out. Oh, also people will forget anything I made them do. Pretty handy I suppose.

But, hiding in plain sight can be a bit complicated...