fifteen

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹
truth
/truːθ/
1. the quality or state of being true.
2. that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.
ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

It was a staring contest

                                    between the two. No one had said anything for god knows how long, and no one really wanted to say anything, but Zeke finally took it upon himself to break the silence.

"How have you been?" Was the first thing he had said to her.

"None of your business," was the first thing she had replied.

It was again, silent. It was eerie, tense, at least on Zeke's side of things. He couldn't decipher a hint of emotion in her expression. It was blank, empty, could even be compared to Eren's look.

"You're not welcome here." She monotonously spoke, breaking the second silence.

Zeke sighed. Of course he knew he wasn't, but either way he needed her compliance.

"Come with me" He stated calmly, ignoring her threat.

"No."

He exhaled shakily. She didn't trust him. Understandable. I mean, who would after getting you pregnant, and leaving just as the child was born. Physically she was close to him, but mentally she had her barriers. She didn't want to let him in, not after what he had pulled. So Zeke started from square one, making simple conversation.

"How's the baby? Should be at least 9 years old n-"

"Dead, stop talking."

Oh.Well that didn't work. That was funny. He couldn't tell if she were joking or not through her stoic gaze. It was a joke right?

Zeke stressfully brushed sweatily damped  strands of his shaggy hair out of his face and gritted his teeth. "Ari, come on now... let's not joke about something like that." He voiced sharply.

The girl scoffed and crossed her arms."You think I'd be so cold hearted into making jokes about my dead child?"

"Your dead child?"

"Well you weren't there for the last moments of my, what do you call it? Oh right my pregnancy... not to mention I gave birth to him by myself and raised him alone for the first two years of his life." She snapped.

They were bittersweet memories. Ari recalled his first word, his first steps, his first meal, his first giggle. Everything. No matter how exhausting, how draining he was. Her son was her everything.