𝑆𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠

Word count: 780

Third person
Hope was currently in her dorm room laying in her bed attempting to fall asleep but overwhelmed by the fear of having another nightmare, she had them quite frequently ever since she was a child after a little while she let herself go to sleep. Landon was up roaming the empty halls off the Salvatore school before deciding to just sit in the kitchen for a few hours before he heard a scream and what sounded like something being thrown across a room so he went to go check it out when he saw Lizzie the blonde Saltzman twin standing in the hall. "Hey Lizzie, what happened is everything okay?" Landon asked. Lizzie nodded "Oh yeah it's just Hope. This happens almost every night you better get use to it." She said. Landon looks at her slightly confused. "What's wrong with Hope?" He asked concerned about the beautiful tribrid that he secretly had feelings for. "Oh nothing she just has recurring nightmares every time she closes her eyes, it's been like that since middle school." Lizzie replied. Landon instantly felt bad for her. "Poor Hope." He says. Lizzie yawned "Yes, now I'm going back to bed goodnight Landon." Lizzie says before going back to her room and going to bed. Hope had finally woken up from her nightmare she was covered in cold sweat and was shaking so she went to the bathroom turned on the shower and got in. The water normally helped calm her but she was very worked up this night. After getting out of the shower she rapped a towel around her before hearing a knock at her door which was very odd considering it was 2am. She walked to the door and answered it to her surprise it was Landon. "Hey Hope, I just wanted to check on you." Landon said.  Hope let out a soft sigh figuring he probably heard her she had been having nightmares like that since middle school but it was still embarrassing when someone heard her  but was even more embarrassed that he heard since not only was he new to the school but she also liked him. "Oh.. You heard didn't you?" She asked. Landon nods and looks into her eyes. "Yes." He replies. Hope mentally slapped herself in the face for that. "I'm sorry." She said obviously embarrassed. Landon saw that she was embarrassed but overall freaked out so he gently put his hand on her shoulder. "Hey it's okay." I say. Hope looks at him and went to say something but then stopped. "Do you want to come in?" She asked. "Sure that would be great." Landon replied. Hope nodded before opening the door. Landon walked in and shut the door behind her. Hope then realized she hadn't gotten dressed and was still in her towel. "I'll be right back." Hope said before going into the bathroom putting on some black leggings and a T shirt before coming back out. Landon couldn't help but look at her. "Sorry about that." Hope said. "It's okay Hope, so you wanna tell me what's wrong?" He asked. Hope was surprised he could tell something was wrong normally everyone else would just brush it off but he actually seemed to care. That's when she let out a soft sigh before speaking. "I had a nightmare that my dad was being burned alive in hell, and the thing it is could be real and if it is it's my fault because he sacrificed himself for me." Hope says trying to hold back her emotions. Landon really wanted to hold her close and comfort her but was to afraid of making her uncomfortable so instead he just talked to her. "Hey, your dad choose to safe you it isn't your fault. And he isn't burning. Everything is going to be okay." He said. Hope still seemed upset and that's when she decided to do something that could possibly mess up there friendships but couldn't help it so she put her hand on top of his which made him hold her hands until she fell into his arms and he held her closely and protectively. Hope loved being in his arms so she sat there staying close before pulling them both down onto the bed now she was pretty much on top of him. Landon looks at her before rubbing her cheek. Hope smiled softly before kissing him passionately. Landon didn't even hesitate to kiss back as much as they'd both wanted to go farther they decided not to instead they just laid in the bed holding each other closely until we finally fell asleep in each other's arms.