Back to Normal

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey, Readers!!! This series is about to come to a close :'( two other more chapters until it's all over!!!  I have loved all my fans who supported my writing :') U GUYS R DA BEST! :D Anyhoo, here's Chapter 22, ENJOY!!!!!!

***************************************************************************************************************

Natsu P.O.V

As Lucy was being examined by Wendy in the infirmary, I held Louise and Elliot in both of my arms, rocking them back and forth. They loved to laugh, especially when it came to my face apparently. I would make serious faces, and they would still laugh! I would end up laughing with them because they were so amusing! "Natsu." I heard Gramps call out from upstairs. "Can I speak with you?"

"Sure, Gramps!" I called. I walked up with the twins in my hand up to Gramps office. I see him sitting on his desk, giving me a serious look. "Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Oh yes! Of course! Why wouldn't it be!" Gramps laughed.

"You scared me for a moment." I sighed, laughing a little. "But then why did you call me up?"

"You are leaving to the Kiona battle field in two days, are you not?" He asked me.

God, don't remind me, I sighed in my head. "Yes, yes I am. Why do you ask?"

"Natsu, I'm getting old. Way to old to be Master anymore." He sighed, stroking his grey hair.

"Yeah, I can tell." I smiled. He gave me an angry glare. I laughed out loud, remembering how I would do this when I was younger. "Anyways, Natsu. When you come back from Kiona, I would like you to be the new Master."

Wait, did I hear correctly? Did he just say he wants me  to be the next Master? "A-Are you serious? Why me?"

"Because I believe that you have matured during the last few years. You are no longer the same goofy kid you were back then. You have really become a man." Gramps said with a smile.

I felt a tear fall down my face. The twins clapped their hands, as if they knew what had just happened. "Thank you so much, Gramps."

He smiled. "No. Thank you, Natsu."

I headed into the infirmary to see Lucy looking out the window. "Look who I brought." I announced to surprise her. She looked at us and smiled. "Oh, finally! I've wanted to hold them all day!"

"You don't want to hold me." I pouted.

Lucy laughed. "You're a grown man now.No one needs to hold you anymore."

I smiled. I handed Louise and Elliot to her and watched as she rocked the babies in her arms. She gently kissed their little foreheads, and they both smied widley. " I have some news for you."

"News? What kind?"

I took a deep breathe. "Gramps has asked me to be the next Master of Fairy Tail."

Lucy gasped. "Are you serious! That's so exciting!"

I smiled. I gently kissed her forehead. When I looked at Lucy's face, I noticed that it seemed kind of sad. "Is there something wrong?"

She nodded. "It's almost time, isn't it? Time for you to...leave."

My smiled almost disappeared. "Yeah, I guess it is." Elliot suddenly began to cry. I took him from Lucy's arms and tried to calm him down. I look over at Lucy to see her eyes watered up. I sighed and layed down on her bed next to her. "I have a proposition. For today and tomorrow, it'll only be us and the kids. No friends, no work, just us and the kids."