twenty eight

"Mom?"

Soomin stared at the glowing woman who had a bright white aura around her.

The woman faced Soomin and tears began falling down her face.

"Holy shit.. Mom is that really you?" Soomin asked as her eyes filled up with tears.

The woman nodded and Soomin began to cry. Her mom immediately went down to hug the girl, making sure not to hurt Renjun in the process.

"He's hurt." Soomin's mom said quietly when she looked down at the bleeding Renjun who laid there. Her voice was magic to Soomin's ears. After years of not having a mother with her, she had finally returned in a paper white gown with feathered wings across her back.

"He-he won't- um." Soomin stammered as she tried to figure out words to tell her mother that she was offering blood to a vampire.

"He won't take your blood. I know. I saw." Her mom softly replied and knelt down to the boys level.

"Hey Renjun. Thank you for taking care of my baby but now it's my turn to take care of you." Her mother said to the boy who groaned in pain as his body shifted.

Her hand gently caressed the gash on his back, making it seal and leave no scar.

Soomin stared in awe at her mother's power and watched as she helped heal all of Renjun's marks and wounds.

Renjun's eyes fluttered shut as he felt the coolness and relief of the pain being practically sucked out of him.

Soomin's mother had now stopped and helped the now healed boy sit up.

"Thank you." Renjun told the angel who held a dear motherly smile.

"Thank you for being there for my baby." She replied and turned to Soomin who still held tears in her eyes.

"How do you two know each other? And what do you mean take care of me?" She asked and her mother let out a soft chuckle before embracing the girl.

"I asked him to care for you one night and he agreed. I guess he already had a soft spot for you seeing as how you two started dating not long after and he agreed to do it without me offering anything in return." She said and Soomin looked at Renjun who held an awkward smile.

"All this time I was forced to believe that you were killed by some vampire only for it to be his fault?" Soomin asked, pain filling her voice as she noticed the burn marks on her mother's neck accompanied by two small dots on the side of her neck.

"I wanted to tell you. I wanted you to be in a safer place. Yes, your father killed me. He convinced a vampire to drain the blood out of me, which is why i still have these." Her mom replied as she pointed to the bite mark she had.

"What took you so long to come to me?" Soomin asked as hurt filled her body, reminiscing the countless nights she cried for her mother.

"Your father was still alive. I would visit you at the cliff and Renjun saw me one time since he is from a place where some of the afterlife resides but sadly you couldn't see me because my killer was still alive and free." She gently responded and Soomin simply embraced her mother in a tight hug.

"Please don't leave me again." Soomin cried out and her mother sniffled back a few of her own tears.

"I wish I could stay longer but I have to return back to Heaven. It's where I now live and have to continue living there since I am technically not even alive." Her mother said and Soomin just sighed.

"I have to get going now so let me get this away for you." Her mother said before standing up and turning to her killer's dead body.

With the simple movements of her fingers, the body elevated from the ground only to have a hole appear underneath him. Inside the hole revealed a bright flame followed by bodies of those who had committed some of the worst acts to mankind.

She lowered the man into hole, watching his body lay against the others and with a satisfied smile, she closed the hole and turned back to Soomin.

"I'll be sure to visit whenever I can. Just go to the cliff and I'll do my best to see you. I love you, my little Soomin." Her mother said and embraced the young girl again.

"I love you too, mom." It felt strange to Soomin to say those words again after not having said them for a few years now. It felt strange but it was so right. It was perfect.

"And you," Soomin's mother said as she turned to face the boy who simply watched their interactions.

"Thank you for taking care of her. I really don't know how to repay you for this act." She said and Renjun only smiled before going to hug Soomin.

"Being able to say I love her and holding her like this is far more than enough for me so thank you for choosing me to care for her. I promise to never hurt her." He said and Soomin looked up at him with a bright smile.

"I love you too." She mouthed out before feeling another pair of arms surround them.

"Alright my babies, I have to get going. Take care and once again, thank you. I promise to try and visit as often as I can."

And with those words, a bright light blinded the couple and surrounded the room. Within the blink of an eye, the light vanished along with Soomin's mother.

"Are you okay?" Renjun asked the girl who stared at the spot where her mother once stood.

Soomin simply nodded with a small smile.

"Far more than okay now." She replied and faced him, arms wrapping around his neck and pulling him in.

"I love you." She softly said and Renjun smiled as his hands wrapped around her waist.

"I love you more."

With that, the two shared a kiss to confirm both of their feelings and began to clean the mess that her father had created after breaking in.

Everything was starting to look up for the girl and knew that it was going to be quite an interesting story to explain to their friends who had been playing videos games the entire time at Jeno's house.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
i think the next chapter is the last chapter (if i plan everything out right) and will be followed by an epilogue!