seven

Once again, Soomin found herself alone, walking the lone streets of Seoul. It was risky for her to roam around at such a time-midnight. She did not care for any of that and continued to walk.

Her eyes lingered on the ground as the music devoured her, humming along to their melodies. A familiar song began playing and a sad smile came across her face, reminiscing the memories that came with the song.

She walked and walked until she found herself at a familiar place to her- the cliff.

She sat herself down on the patchy grass, admiring the view of the shining moon and bright stars that illuminated her face. She took in the view and hugged her knees, music fitting in perfectly with her current environment.

That environment was soon to be ruined as a familiar boy approached the same cliff, eyes red and fangs peeking out, ready to attack the clueless girl.

He silently approached, ready to attack until her voice made him freeze.

"You're not very sneaky, Huang." She said out bluntly and turned to face him, features emphasized from the lighting and obvious tear stripes going down her face.

"How did you know?" He asked as he went back into his human form and walked closer to her.

"Just have that sixth sense." She replied with a small smile and Renjun just stared, wondering why she wasn't being a bitch like always.

"I'm not always a bitch, Huang." Soomin said and turned to face the ocean again, taking in all its beauty.

"How did-"

"You spoke out loud dumbass." She said with a small laugh and then patted down the grass next to her, signifying him to sit.

"Why are you being nice to me?" He asked as he raised his brow, cautiously sitting down next to her.

"You haven't done anything to piss me off so there's no point in me just bad mouthing you and using my best insults." She said with a smile, gaze still averted to the beautiful view.

The salt in the water made it shimmer and the moonlight shone brightly on her face. Renjun had to admit, she did look beautiful but it didn't change the fact that he hated her- or something like that.

"I was about to kill you just now. Does that not piss you off?" Soomin faced the curious Renjun and shrugged.

"It's just your natural instinct. You need blood to survive so you were doing what any other vampire would do. I can't blame you for having a natural instinct." She answered with a smile, confusing Renjun.

"But how were you not scared? Like everyone I've drained has always screamed or tried running for their lives but you- you just let it happen." Renjun asked her and she let out a soft laugh.

"Huang, I've been through a lot of shit to the point where I just don't care anymore. If I end up being dying from a vampire, then so be it. Who am I to change my fate?" She replied as she observed his face.

He was really attractive.

"Guessing that's why you don't care with those threats I give you, huh?" He let out with a small chuckle and Soomin giggled while nodding her head.

"Ding Ding Ding. You got it right." She said in midst of her giggles and smiled at him.

"What are you doing out here late at night?" He asked her and Soomin just sighed.

"You're quite the questioner, aren't you?" Soomin laughed out and Renjun chuckled a bit.

"Just curious. It's late at night and you're here right at a cliff." He explained and Soomin nodded, understanding his curiosity.

"I'd rather keep the reason for me to be here confidential. I'm not exactly okay with sharing my reason to someone I'm not really close to." She replied and Renjun nodded, not wanting to push her limit. Suddenly, Soomin stood up and brushed down her sweatpants.

"Well I need to get back home and I believe you still have a hunt to get to." Soomin said and offered a hand to help lift him up which he gladly accepted.

"It was nice talking to you without arguing, Huang." She said with a small smile which he returned.

"You too, Bae. Can't say I won't feel like murdering you tomorrow but we'll see how that goes." He replied and the two laughed together.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Bye and make sure your victim doesn't scream too loud. Can't be getting caught." She said and flashed her eye smile making Renjun chuckle.

"Adios, Bae. And I'll make sure of that. See you tomorrow." He said and waved at her and she did the same before taking her route back to her own home. Renjun watched her figure disappear into the darkness and a small smile came across his face.

Who woulda thought that he could actually enjoy the presence of the same girl that he wanted to kill the exact same day?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

is this moving too fast? is it going good? oh please give me feedback!

also don't forget to vote and comment please! it'll really help motivate me to continue writing.

-teresa <3