fourteen

Soomin laid in the guest room in Jaemin's house, deep in thought.

She had a sleepless night, thinking about how to even confront her dad. It was now Sunday and it had now been two days since she actually talked to him and her phone constantly blew up with messages from him.

As if on cue with her thoughts, her phone dinged with another message.

She lazily grabbed her phone to read the message and sighed. She missed him but she was not ready to see him, knowing damn well all he would do was punish her.

"Bae? You up?" Jaemin knocked on the guest room door and she replied with a yes.

"Come down for breakfast that Jeno and I prepared when you want." Jaemin said and walked back down the stairs to eat with his other best friend.

Soomin sighed and rolled onto her stomach, plain white shirt that she stole from Jaemin's closet contouring the lines of her body.

Kicking her feet up in the air, she scrolled through social media and admired how everyone was having fun with their lives. She saw how wide their smiles were as they explored the cities and did many activities together. Her thoughts of how much fun everything would be were interrupted by another message from her father, stating his anger towards her and how he wanted her home immediately.

She laid there in thought, contemplating on going back home. She knew she would have to return eventually and she began running her fingers through her long hair, an idea coming to her head.

She rapidly ran down the stairs, looking at her two best friends with a bright expression.

"I wanna cut my hair." She said with an eye smile and the boys looked at each other, confused as to her sudden idea.

"You'd look cute." Jeno said as he ate a spoonful of the breakfast prepared and Jaemin nodded in agreement.

"What's with the sudden urge to, though?" Jaemin questioned and placed a plate of food on the kitchen island for her to eat.

"I'm bound to see my dad soon so why not show him a tiny change? Plus, I'm getting tired of having to waste so much money because of how much product my hair needs." She replied, running her fingers through her silky, shiny hair.

"Hm. Then, how about we cut it here? Ive got scissors and you have no clothes." Jaemin said and pointed to the outfit she wore, noticing how baggy everything looked on her.

"Should I really trust you guys with my hair?" She asked with a raised brow and Jeno chuckled.

"Bae, we're your best friends. Of course you can trust us!" He exclaimed and Soomin hesitated before nodding.

"If you mess up, I'll make sure to murder you both." She said with a small laugh and ate the food.

They all ate in peace before heading to the largest bathroom in the house, folding chair in the center and a pair of scissors in Jaemin's hand.

"You sure you want to do this?" Jaemin asked and she nodded her head.

"Alright here goes nothing."

Jeno recorded from the side, all three cracking jokes and enjoying the moment as Jaemin cut off Soomin's hair.

It took them a while to get it nice and neat and the end result astonished them.

"Dude..." Jeno said as he looked at the girl with wide eyes.

"Does it look bad?" She asked them, not having seen herself yet.

"See for yourself." Jaemin said and turned her to face the mirror and she let out an audible gasp.