twenty

Soomin awkwardly sat on the couch next to Jaemin and Jeno as they waited for his parents to arrive.

She knew they were kind people and loved her to death but she couldn't help but be nervous. She knew they were the kind of people to welcome her with welcome arms though guilt arose in her at the thought.

In the middle of her thoughts, the front door swung open showing two very professional looking adults with astounding beauty for their age.

Smiles formed on their faces when they saw all three kids sitting together on the couch and came at them with open arms.

"Hi my loves." Jaemin's mother sweetly said as she embraced each of them one by one while Jaemin's father did the same.

"Hey Mrs.Na." Jeno and Soomin said with wide smiles.

"Hi mom." Jaemin told her and held her in the embrace tightly.

"Someone missed me." She breathed out making everyone chuckle.

"Let me help you with your bags." Jeno said and grabbed their luggage, giving them all the privacy they needed for what they were planning to ask.

"Mom, Soomin wants to ask you something." Jaemin began, nudging the girl's shoulder and putting the entire spotlight on her.

Soomin stammered as she tried to find her words and Jaemin's parents gave her a gesture to go on.

"Come on, sweety. You can tell us." Jaemin's father reassured and Soomin nodded her head, swallowing down a big gulp of nothing.

"I'm so sorry to ask this of you but I was wondering if you would allow me to live with you guys for a while?" She finally said aloud, clenching her eyes to not see their reaction.

"Did something happen at home?" Jaemin's mother asked with complete worry and Soomin felt tears spring into her eyes as she recalled the moment with her father.

"Dad is.. My dad doesn't really want me anymore and I kind of ran away from him because of how he's been treating me and acting." Soomin said with a sigh and felt Mrs.Na's hands grab a hold of hers.

"I knew that Youngho was still a douche." Mr.Na said with a slight anger as he recalled all the memories of how sad she was as a child because not only had her mother died but her own father wasn't giving her the love she constantly needed.

"You can stay with us as long as you'd like." Mrs.Na told her with a heartwarming smile and Soomin wrapped her arms around her immediately, feeling small cries from her own gratefulness.

"Thank you so much." She breathed out with a tiny hiccup as she finally felt welcomed in a place.

"I don't know if you could tell but we love you like our own daughter, Soomin." Mr.Na said with a smile and hugged the girl as well.

"Guess that makes me your sister, Nana." Soomin said as she turned to the boy who watched his parents hug his bestfriend. A pure delight grew in his eyes when you said that and he embraced you tightly.

"I've always wanted a younger sister." He cooed, practically suffocating Soomin in the hug.

"Can't breathe." She choked out and Jaemin let go of her, laughing together.

"Plus you're only older by a few months." She told him and he shrugged.

"Still counts." He said with a smile and Jeno emerged from downstairs.

"How'd it go?" He asked as he laid eyes on the family.

"From now on, Soomin shall be my younger sister and my first order as an older brother is to not allow Renjun here tonight." He said with a playfully stern voice making Soomin and Jeno laugh while his parents looked at him confused.

"Who is Renjun?" Mrs.Na asked and Jaemin smirked.

"My friend and little Soomin's boyfriend." He said in a sing song voice making Soomin blush.

"Oh my a boyfriend?" Mrs.Na asked excitedly to the young girl who nodded her head.

"It surprised me cause see they hated each other like, a LOT." Jeno said as he took a seat next to all of them.

"And according to Soomin, they found each other one night and somehow managed to not tear out each other's throats and actually talked like civil people." Jaemin continued as the girl just sat there awkwardly.

"Wow. Seems like a slightly cliché love story." Mr.Na said, making everyone in the room laugh with pure delight.

"Well my little Jaemin, you can't forbid Soomin's boyfriend from coming here." Mrs.Na said and squished Jaemin's cheek.

"Why not?" He whined, not liking the fact of not being in control.

"Because Soomin is old enough to have boys over plus I would really love to meet him." His mother replied making him pout.

"I dont think he can come tonight anyways. I'm pretty sure he's a bit busy." Soomin said with an awkward laugh as she remembered that Renjun would probably be out hunting for blood.

"Well he's welcome at any time." Mr.Na said and Mrs.Na nodded in agreement.

"Oh yeah, I'm spending the night!" Jeno excitedly said and the parents cheered.

"We missed our little Jeno." Mrs.Na cooed.

"What about your little Jaemin?" Jaemin asked.

"My little Jeno." She repeated and Jaemin sulked while everyone laughed at his reaction.

They all talked in the living room for a while until it became very late into the night. The three students had a weekend so it was no problem for them to stay up late but the parents had an exhausting day from the long flight and decided to head to bed.

The three kids joked around until the early hours of the morning and all decided it was best to head to bed too.

Jaemin and Jeno went into Jaemins room since both were incredibly close and Soomin went into her own room.

She laid there, thoughts running through her head a wide smile on her lips. She thought about how lucky she was to have Jaemin and his family as well as Jeno and Haechan and of course, Renjun.

Her smile became even wider at the thought of him, the ways his lips felt against hers and how she always felt a warm feeling inside her anytime they made any skin contact whatsoever.

Her thoughts were interrupted by small taps on the window and she looked out to see a bat.. but it seemed to be harmed.

It looked up at her with red eyes and Soomin immediately knew who's eyes they belong to.

"Renjun?"