twelve

Once again another morning in the hellhole that many teens called school.

Soomin had dark circles under her eyes as a result of staying up late at night and waking up much more earlier than she would like. The only reason she woke up early was to avoid seeing her family in her home, especially her father who she knew was far more than angry at her for sneaking out.

There she sat, head resting on her arm that was propped up on the table. Her two best friends came inside and sat in their usual seats behind her.

"Bae, you okay?" Jeno asked the girl who gave a small nod.

"Just had a long night." She replied and turned to smile at the both of them.

"Surprised you're concerned for me." Soomin said and Jeno scoffed, ruffling her hair.

"We're your best friends, Bae. Of course we'll be concerned for you." Jaemin said from beside and she gave them a heart warming smile.

"I love you guys." She suddenly said out which made the two raise their brows.

"Woah who are you? I don't recall Bae Soomin ever telling us that she loved us." Jaemin said and Soomin laughed.

"I just realized I don't tell you guys that ever and I need you both to know that you're important to me." She said and they smiled.

"We love you too, Bae." Jeno replied and engulfed his two friends in a hug.

"So cheesy." Soomin said as they released from the hug and giggled a bit.

As the three conversed, one person observed them from the other desk with his best friend. Well, he observed Soomin. He didn't pay much attention the two boys.

"Helloooo. Earth to Renjunn." Haechan said while waving his hand in front of the said boy to try and gain his attention.

"Sorry." Was all Renjun said and went back to his work which Haechan found suspicious.

"Why were you staring at Soomin?" Haechan questioned and Renjun stiffened.

"I wasn't staring." He shortly replied and Haechan scoffed.

"Your ears say otherwise." Haechan said and flicked his ears that were a deep red shade.

"Got the hots for her?" He asked and wiggled his brows which made Renjun smack him.

"No! Something just happened last night." Renjun said with a low voice and this made Haechan even more curious.

"Oh? What happened last night?" He asked in a teasing voice and Renjun immediately knew what he was implying at.

"You need to stop thinking everything so sexually." Renjun said to the boy who only laughed.

"You need to stop wording things like that to a person like me." Haechan replied which made Renjun roll his eyes.

"Anyways, what had happened was-" Renjun was cut off by the school bell and his attention turned to Soomin to see what she would be doing.

To his surprise, she was already staring at him and gave him her usual bright eye smile, flashing her pearly whites. Renjun smiled in return, mouthing a "Wait for me after school" and Soomin nodded at him before gathering her things and leaving the room with Jaemin and Jeno.

"I'll tell you later." He said to the curious Haechan who just groaned.

"Fine. But don't you forget cause I want to know all the details." Haechan said and left the room which Renjun shortly followed.

The boy stood at his locker, gathering his supplies for his next class.

The second he closed his locker, he came face to face with Misun, the girl he so called said was "always trying to get at him." He wouldn't be wrong though. Misun would always try getting Renjun's attention in any ways possible, completely disregarding the fact that he was a vampire.

"Hi Renjun!" Misun exclaimed with a big smile, eyelashes batting right in front of him.

Renjun wasn't one to lie, Misun was pretty. She was the school's "it" girl. Her tall, slim figure, mid length brown hair and the brightest and bubbliest personality somehow caught the attention of the entirety of the school. Everyone claimed that whoever rejected Misun was a complete fool.

So that was how Renjun became the school's supposed fool.

"Oh, Misun. Hello." He said and gave her a simple wave and was starting to walk away which Misun immediately followed.

"How was class?" She asked him and laid her hand on his shoulder, attempting to make skin contact which Renjun was not comfortable with.

"Good." He replied and shrugged off her hand from his shoulder which she immediately linked their arms together.

"What's your next class?" She asked him.

"Art." He said and looked around the halls for anyone to help him.

"Huang!" Soomin yelled out from behind and quickly ran next to his side which Misun rolled her eyes at.

"Hey Bae!" Renjun said in return and removed Misun's arm to give a quick hug to Soomin which surprised her but she didn't hesitate to return the hug.

"Oh, Misun." Soomin said as she laid eyes on the taller girl who scoffed.

"Do you mind? Me and Renjunnie are having a conversation. Your dad is still pissed at you by the way." Misun said with an annoyed tone and Soomin laughed a bit.

"I dont mind at all. Speaking of my dad being pissed at me, that little bruise on your chin looks cute. Might serve as a little reminder to watch your mouth, Misun." Soomin said as she glared daggers into the girl, holding an angered smile and eyes slimming. Renjun stood there awkwardly, not understanding the entire situation completely.

"Anyways, Huang I need to talk to you. It's about last night." Soomin said and turned to face the boy, winking at him as she included the 'last night' part which caught Renjun by surprise.

Misun stared at the girl, burning holes into her cheek and Soomin continued to hold a cheeky smile. Renjun was still in shock by her tone but just nodded his head.

"Don't mind me, just stealing Renjun real quick." Soomin told the taller girl and grabbed Renjun's hand, beginning to lead the shocked boy to somewhere more secluded.

"What the hell was that?" Renjun asked Soomin who only laughed.

"I wanted to see her pissed. Pretending to hint at something to her little eye candy would piss her off pretty good." Soomin replied and let go of the boys hand.

"Besides, why didn't you shoo her away? You're a vampire, Huang. Pretty sure being cold blooded and mean is something you guys are good at." Soomin said and Renjun just sighed.

"I'm already a supposed fool for not being with her in the first place. Imagine the shit that would happen to me if I just lashed out at her like that." He replied and the girl just nodded in understanding.

"Why'd you take me away from her anyways?" Renjun asked the girl who shrugged.

"Thought it would be a way of saying thanks to you for last night. I probably would've been a mess today if it weren't for you." She said with a small smile and tip tied to ruffle his hair.

"Thanks." He said, appreciating her kindness to do that.

"Get to class, Huang. I don't want you to be late because of me." She told him and he smiled at her.

"You too, Bae. Remember to meet me after school." Renjun said and gave her a side hug, arms around her shoulder while hers behind his back.

"Got it. I'll see you then." Soomin replied and the two waved a quick goodbye to each other before making their way to their own classes.

A warm feeling rushed inside Renjun's cold body which surprised him, not understanding what was happening but he decided to brush it off and happily made his way to class.