twenty seven

Her dad.

That was why he looked familiar to Soomin.

There she laid, crying silently and not understanding where this side of her father came from. It terrified her, the possibility of being murdered by one who helped bring her into the world.

"Little Bae~ Where are you~" Her father cooed at the lower level of the house.

Soomin didn't dare move out of fear of revealing her location.

Her head filled with nothing as she heard him begin to make his way upstairs.

She froze once again, hearing his low chuckles as he stood outside of the door to her room.

"Did you run away to my best friends house? Did they take you from me?" His voice beamed through the door and Soomin felt her breath bitch at the sound of the door knock rattling and then being clicking open.

"Ah my sweet Little Bae. Come out now~" He cooed and Soomin held the knife close to her chest, ready to stab him if he tried to get her.

Unfortunately for the girl, he saw her feet out of the corner of his eyes once he reached the end of the room and swooped down to begin dragging her out from under the bed.

"Aww Soomin~ Why did you hide from your dad?" He questioned with a curious head tilt and a malicious smile growing on his face.

"Leave me alone you fucking bastard!" She screamed and swooped to slice his ankle a bit, making him hiss and giving her enough time to trap herself in the bathroom.

"You fucking bitch!" He yelled out and began banging on the door, making Soomin sob.

Her mind was clouded as she felt that she would die by the own hands of one who helped bring her life. Her mind began reminiscing of moments that she absolutely adored from the time she met Jaemin and Jeno to the times she was with Renjun.

Renjun.

Renjun.

As her dad continued banging on the door, small cracks beginning to form, her mind came to a realization that she needed Renjun.

And so a bright glimmer appeared in her eyes as she began to call out his name three times, making a dark fog fill the room and revealed a confused Renjun.

It didn't take long for him to realize what was happening as the second he arrived, the door had bashed open and revealed Soomin's dad holding a knife and a smile that could give nightmares.

"So you brought out the boyfriend? I thought we were supposed to play fair." Youngho pouted and Soomin just sniffled back her tears and put on a strong front to not seem weak in front of her father.

"It wasn't a very nice thing to do, Soomin." Her father said as his eyes turned a fire red, much different from Renjun's crimson ones and he lunged at the boy, making Soomin yelp but thankfully he avoided it.

"Ah ah Mr.Lover boy. I'm not about to have you threaten me again. I'm the one with the power this time." Youngho had said and that was when Soomin knew that her father had done something to himself.

A red aura began to surround him and a small flame appeared in his hand. Both Soomin and Renjun became wide eyed and Renjun held onto the girl, forcing her behind him and whispering slightly.

"Your fucking dad sold his soul to the devil." He said and Soomin just became shocked.

"What the fuck do you want from me?!" She yelled out and the man who she knew was not her father had laughed.

"You. My sweet, innocent Bae. You're the one I want. You shouldn't have run away." He said and Soomin just laughed, holding the knife close to her and a small eye roll happening.