Nico

I slam my car door shut as I try to calm myself down. I can't believe she just left like that. I don't do one-night stands and I definitely didn't think of her as one. I open up my front door and my little girl comes running to me.

"Daddy. You're finally home after a million days." She jumps into my arms for a hug. "I was only gone for 5." I laugh and scoop her up.

Her nanny walks in with heart eyes. It makes me angry but I don't show it. I wanted Rachel to meet me the girl I just spent the last week with.

Teach her how to bake with that mouth-watering smile. I set my daughter down and walk into the kitchen. "Have you eaten yet?" I ask "No," She says.

"Okay well I met a baker at the wedding and she made this amazing breakfast. I have the recipe if you want to help me make it." I smile "Really. I guess since all my friends know how to cook I can." she crosses her arms and looks around. "So what are we using?" she smiles...

2 hours later

"Are you sure we cooked this right daddy?" she asks and I smile. "I know it looks weird but I swear it's good." she sighs. "Okay. I better not get food poisoning." She takes a piece and puts it into her mouth. I wait for her reaction.

She smiles after a minute. "We should make this every day." She takes a bigger bite. "Told you it was good." I chuckle. "What are you two cooking up in here?" My mother Charlotte walks into the kitchen from the front door. "Daddy is teaching me how to make pancakes grams." Rachel smiles. "Oh. Where did learn to make that?" she asks.

"From this woman, I met at the wedding. She made a killer breakfast so I asked her for the recipe." I tell her taking a bite out of my food. "Oh are you finally getting back into dating?" my mother asks me.

Memories of me and the woman who is spent the week with come flooding back. Us on the dance floor dancing, sitting at breakfast laughing at each other's jokes, her telling me some things about her life. Her smile and even her under me as I slide into her.

Just as fast as they came to me are they replaced with the way I woke up alone. Like the last week, we had together meant absolutely nothing to her. "No. She was just the chef who made all of us something good." I say stuffing more food into my mouth.

"Oh," she says in a disappointed manner. I know she wants me to find love again. It's just...I'm not ready. I tried and look what happened. She's gone just like my ex-wife. She didn't even give me a chance to get to know her. I don't even know her name.

I'm not going to contact her first. If she wants to see me she can contact me through her sister.

"Dad, can we go to the skate park after this?" Rachel asks "I have to get to work Rach but maybe your grandma will take you." I look at my mom with a hopeful smile. "Yeah yeah sure." she smiles.

I stand up and put our empty dishes in the sink. "I'm going to go get changed." I kiss Rachel on the head then make my way up the stairs.

Once I make It to my room I open my closet door full of suits. I barely wear casual clothes because it's not my thing.

I pick out a dark blue suit and change into it. It takes me 30 minutes to get my suit on and fix my hair. Then I head back downstairs. Rachel has on her helmet and skater clothes.

Skating is her hobby and she goes every Friday with her friends. At first, I was worried and apparently overreacted is what my mom said. Honestly, I thought she would break her leg from it. She fell a lot of times and always came home with scrapes when she started earlier this year. Her rugby coach assured me that it was normal.

Eventually, she got used to it and stopped coming home hurt. Thank God.

"Mr. and Mrs. Zanders will be at the office today. Their son is on trial." My mother says.

"Gosh, that boy is always in trouble." I sigh picking up my suitcase full of papers. I kiss Rachel on the head and then kiss my mother on the cheek. "I love you both." I smile. They both wave me off as I leave.

I get in the car and call Vincent my other best friend. I'm glad my mom was here to take Rach. After my Ex-wife died she came around more because she knew it was going to be hard for me to raise a daughter alone. It hasn't been as hard as I thought though.

"Hey man. Did you and the girl you couldn't stop talking about exchange names yet?" Vincent asks. "No. She left before I could ask her." I sigh.

"What? Why didn't you just ask her the day you met or the day before she left?" Vince questions. "I was caught in the moment. The day before she left we were having sex and that morning too." I bite my lip at the memory of her mouth around my cock.

I almost moan from the memory. "I told you not to have sex with her!" I can already see him rolling his eyes. "I couldn't help it. She was beautiful and we both wanted each other." I say "Well at least I did."

"And now she's gone. Why don't you ask Rickey for her number?"

"If she wanted me to call she would have given me her number before she left." I pull up to my firm. "Listen Vince I gotta go. Call you later." I ask "Yeah sure man." I hang up. Once I park in my space I get out and head inside.

"Hey Candace" I wave. "Hello, Mr. Richards." She nods her head. I head back to my office and my personal assistant Junior walks up to me. "Anything you need sir?" he asks "Yes get me a coffee and tell Janice to bring me the paperwork from last week," I command. "On it sir" Junior walks out hurriedly.

I get a call on my phone and pick it up. "Hello?" I say "Sir the Zanders are here to see you." Candace says. "Send them in," I say rolling my pen around in my hands.

Five minutes later they walk in looking troubled. "We need a good lawyer right now and we found you on the internet." Mrs.Zanders says "Our son got into a little trouble with someone else car. The thing is he wasn't driving the car but his friend framed him..."

They tell me the whole story and I agree to help them. After all, I don't want their son to go to jail for someone else mistake.

After my long day, I head home. Once I walk in my mother leaves for the day and I get movies ready for the weekend with my daughter. "Daddy, are you getting married to someone else?" She asks "No Rach. Maybe one day but no time soon." I smile.

"That's good." She beams and it makes me feel uneasy...