Lilith

I took another hour shower in cold water. If I didn't I would have gotten back in bed and had another round of amazing orgasms. He feels amazing and I want to continue to explore this feeling with him. Once I get out of the shower I check the weather app.

It cleared up last night. I should be able to leave today. If he doesn't wake up by then I'll leave a note. I put on my clothes and leave the bathroom. I go over to him and kiss him on the lips. He pulls me into a deep kiss possessively and growls. "I'm going to go and get some breakfast I'll be back."

I take my phone and walk out of the room. Once I get to the elevator I get a call. "Hello is this Lilith Sanders?" The man on the other line says. "Yes, why are you calling from Meridith's phone?" I ask "She fell down the stairs of your bakery. You're the only person in her contacts so I had to call you. Are you family?" The man asks "Yes, I live with her, and she's my boss. I-is she okay?" I ask. My legs are shaking and my heart is beating fast.

"She needs to have surgery. We need you here since she has no other family. I am Doctor Dan and will be working with her. How fast can you get here?" he asks "In 2 hours sir." I say my voice shook. "Okay. Please hurry."

I put my phone in my pocket. I need to go now. What if I hadn't answered my phone? I run back to my room. He's still asleep and I don't want to wake him. I put my dirty clothes in my suitcase and write a sticky note with my name and number on it.

I then put on my coat and run out of the door. "I hope he calls me."

I run down the stairs with my suitcase almost falling twice. No time to waste. My sister is down here saying goodbye to guests. Hey, why are you leaving so fast." She asks "Got a call from my employee. I need to get back quick." I tell her. I give her a quick hug and exchange goodbyes before running out the door. The cold burns my skin but I'm too worried to think about it.

I run to my car and get in. I start up the car and drive off immediately. I have roughly a two-hour drive. I can make it if I speed a little.

I can't turn on any music because I'm panicking. What If she fell down the stairs trying to get to the bakery. I always tell her to use the back door and go through the front.

I swerve through many slow cars. These people are driving too slow. People have places to be.

An hour and a half later. I pull up to the hospital and jump out of my car. I speed walk inside and the front desk lady smiles at me. "How may I help you?" She asks "I was called by Doctor Dan regarding Sheril." I frown at the reminder.

She starts typing on her computer. It takes her about two minutes before she looks at me with a frown. Never a good sign. "Yes. She's being prepped for surgery in room 223." I nod my head and walk down the hospital halls. Why would she be about to go to surgery? Is she alright?

I make it to room 223 and walk-in. There are three doctors discussing something. There is the smell of chemicals all in the air. Sheril is laying on the bed asleep. My heart suddenly drops. I should have been here for her. Instead, I was fucking a stranger. "Are you Mrs.Jane's boss?" The doctor extends his hand to shake mine.

"Yes. What happened to her?" I ask "Well she fell down the stairs while she was trying to bake something in your shop is what she told us."

Gosh, this is all my fault. I should have taken her to the wedding with me. She's old and frail and I've left her alone with all those stairs. "Will she be okay?" I ask. The doctor flips through his clipboard.

"Yes, she will. Her hip is fractured so we need to do surgery and get the broken bones replaced. Since you're her only living friend I will need you to sign this." the doctor says. "What is it." I take the clipboard and start reading it.

It's consent to do surgery. I skim through the pages before signing it. "Will she be able to walk," I question,

"Yes. She won't be able to walk too much but she will be fine." The Doctor reassures. "The surgery will take 4 hours and she needs to stay in bed for at least 7 weeks." I nod my head. "If you want to wait in the waiting room it's just down the hall." I shake the doctor's hand and walk out of the room.

I check my phone again to see if I got a call from him. I should have asked for his name. Instead, I pull up my best friend's number.

Alec
Last called:1 week ago at 5 pm

I call and he answers. "Hey what's up?" He says through the phone. "Sheril is in the hospital. I just got back from the wedding could you bring me some snacks?"

"Oh no is she okay.?" He asks "Yeah. She broke her hip but the doctor said she would be fine after the surgery." I sigh "I feel like this is all my fault." I run my hands angrily through my hair.

"Hey! Don't blame yourself, you couldn't have known." I hear him shuffle stuff around. "I know, but if I had taken her to the wedding this wouldn't have happened." I huff.

"She didn't want to go remember." I hear his car keys. "Yeah but she's old." We both let out a little laugh. "I'm heading out right now." I smile "Thank you."

"I'd do anything for you Lilith so don't hesitate to ask. I've got to go though, can't drive and talk. Text me what you want." I smile and tell him okay before he hangs up.

I then check my phone again. It's still early, he might call me later. If he doesn't then that just means last night wasn't special to him like it was to me.

30 minutes later Alec walks up to me with Olive Garden. I gratefully take it. "Wanna go to the cafeteria." He asks "Yeah."I say.

We walk down to the cafeteria and take a seat at one of the tables. "So how was the wedding." I bite my lip as I remember bumping into the man I ended up in bed with.

"It was great. My sister is so happy. I ended up meeting a guy and he was great. I hope we can meet up again." I smile but Alec isn't smiling. "You met a guy. Are you sure he's okay? I mean you probably only spoke to him for about a week." Alec raises his eyebrow.

I slept with the guy but he doesn't need to know that. "Yeah. He's Rickey's best friend. I plan on getting to know him better." I say digging into my food. "Well, what if he doesn't live close to you? Even worse turns out crazy, What if you two turn out too different." I laugh at Alec. He hasn't met him.

In that entire week I've known him he's made me feel so special. Made me feel more alive than my ex-fiancee ever made me. Made me even feel things I've never felt before.

"What If he turns out to be just like-" I put up my hand to stop him. "You haven't met him. He's amazing and I plan to get to know him before anything else happens." Even though something else has already happened. Alec doesn't look happy though. If anything he looks sad.

I know Alec likes me but he blew his chance with me a long time ago. I liked Alec way back when I was 21. He didn't like me back at the time and turned me down in the worst way. By having sex with another girl in the cabin I rented out for just the two of us. I was going to seduce him.

I decided to just keep him in the friend zone.

"Well okay. If that's what you want." We silently eat our food for the next 40 minutes.

Alec eventually leaves after we talk for another hour. I go back to the waiting room and sleep for two hours.

2hours later

The doctor shakes me awake with a smile. "Mrs. Jones would like to see you now."

I stand up and gather up my things before following the doctor.