45

Chapter 45

She smiled at me the moment I said her name. I don't know why she's here. Ang alam ko sa Japan siya nagbase. But why is she in LA?

"Missed me, sweetheart?" she asked.

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked her.

She giggled before walking towards me and I walked backwards in return.

"Didn't Tita Cecilia tell you? I work here in LA." she said.

"A-akala ko n-nasa Japan ka. W-wala si kuya dito." I said. She frowned at what I said and sat on one of the chairs.

"I didn't came here for Timothy. I came here for you."

"Mina..."

"I still love you."

"I have a girlfriend back home. And I love her..." I said. "You never loved me. You just loved the thought of having me and my brother. You were the reason why he hates me so much."

"I-it's not like that." she said defensively. "You know very well na ikaw talaga ang gusto ko."

Umiling ako sa kanya. She's making up stories, I know.

"College pa lang gusto na kita. Bakit ba ayaw mong maniwala sa akin? I liked you from the very start. I loved you ever since but you never noticed me." she started sobbing and I didn't know how to console her. Nasasaktan pa rin ako because she was the reason why my brother hates me so much. She's the reason why my brother doesn't want to be in the same room with me. She's the reason kung bakit nagbago ang lahat sa family namin.

"I never wanted to hurt you. Ikaw ang umasa na magkakagusto ako sayo. My brother loved you since then and he asked me to leave you alone so I did. Dahil mahal ko si kuya. But you chased me still. Pinilit mo ang sarili mo kahit na alam mong ayoko. And then what? You told my brother na nagsex tayo when that never happened?!" I started getting angry again. This is why I don't like seeing her. Palagi niyang binabalik ang nakaraan when there's nothing to even look back at.

"P-pero..."

"Mina walang nangyari sa atin that night okay?! You were just so drunk that night and you asked me to stay dahil nag-away kayo ni kuya. Nothing happened!" I said, frustrated. "Look, stop going after me. Mahal ko ang girlfriend ko and I will never leave her."

I left her outside and went to my room to get my jacket. Bumaba uli ako and Ate Ynna saw me.

"Going out?" ate asked.

"Yeah. Papahangin lang. Tell Mina to go home." I said.

"She's here?!" she asked, shocked. I just nodded and went out of the house.

I went to this pub and ordered beer. Nakakainis. Why didn't mom tell me na nandito na sa LA si Mina?! And why did she came to my house? What's her purpose? Para pag-awayin nanaman kami ni kuya? Isn't it enough na sobrang galit siya saken, he even wants me out of his life?!

"God I wanna go home." I sighed.

I really should leave this place and fast. This is going nowhere.

I was startled to feel my phone buzzed in my pocket. I looked at it and saw dad calling me.

"Dad..." I said.

"Where are you?" he asked.

"I'm at Casey's dad." I replied.

He hang up the phone and a few minutes later, he's seated beside me. He ordered his own beer and we both sat in silence.

"You okay, son?" he asked.