16

Being friendless for the rest of junior year was the worst thing. I didn't want to bother Kai, so I never told him. Sadly, he found out because my brothers blabbed. Let's say he was pissed off. He forced me to hang out with him and his friends. His friends were not to pleased with it. Whenever I would say something they would ignore me and they wouldn't include me in any conversation.

  Kai caught on to what they were doing and blew up in their faces. Needless to say, he stopped being friends with them or at least tried. They apologized to him and to me and said that they were going to start being nicer to me. I forgave them until I found out it was only just an act. When Kai would leave or he wasn't there they would drag me for the filth and I began wondering why Kai would want a sorry loser like me. 

   I slowly stopped hanging out with Kai and his friends. Sometimes, my brothers would let me tag along with them and sometimes I would kick it with Kai alone. Most of the time I was alone. I lied to Kai and my brothers saying that I had friends. It was harder to pull off. I would walk up to random people and awkwardly stand there while they were talking so Kai can see that I actually did have friends. I would get weird looks all the time and the occasional confrontation, but I was okay with that if the meant that Kai would stop worrying about me.

   Today was different, it was the start of finals. That meant Kai was too busy to notice or to care that I was alone and when he saw me alone he would think I was studying. Noel and Nolan weren't here because their graduation was today, so I was off the hook with being fully noticed.

  After my Algebra II final, I went to find Kai. I checked my phone and I saw that I had a text from him.

Kai: Hey. Text me when you get this

Me: Hey

Kai: I have to stay after school but I'll meet you at your brother's graduation tonight.

Me: Okay

  With that, I turned off my phone. It chimed again but I didn't look at it. I was sad that I couldn't see him after school but I would see him later. I walked to the parking lot and saw Kai driving off. I was confused. Didn't he just text me that he had to stay after school today? I looked took out my phone just to make sure and yes, he did say that he had to stay after school today. I looked at our whole conversation and stared at his last text

Kai: Thanks for understanding 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omg. Thank you, everyone, for waiting. I hope you like part 1 to this chapter. Anyway, I have some news. This book will be coming to an end. I wanted it to be longer but I have envisioned something else. What is that something else you may ask. So....news numero dos is I will be making a sequel to Measurements. I hope you like the news and this chapter. Peace and love.