7.

When we got to school my brothers ran out of the car to catch up with their friends. Just as I was about to leave the car and hand grabbed my hand. I turned around to see Kai's pleading face. I positioned myself towards him and looked him dead in the eyes. I loved those eyes. My head was spinning a bit. Just being with him made me so happy.

  The silence was never broken until the school bell rang. We both never moved. I liked to believe that we were so hypnotized with each other that we couldn't look away. Suddenly I began to get self-conscience. In my mind my hair was too curly, my lips too big, my nose too small. My eyes were too close together, and my face was fat. The bushes on my face were called eyebrows and my teeth were crooked. I felt ugly.

  I looked away from him and started sniffing. I was doing my best to hold my tears, but I guess that he felt the sadness in the car and tried to position his body towards me. The late bell rang and I groaned internally. 

"Hey, why are you crying?" his voice showing that he was concerned. 

  Do you know when you're about to cry and you're holding it in and someone asks you if you're okay and then you start to bust out crying? Yeah? Well, I did that.

"Hey, come on tell me," he said rubbing my arm.

"I'm so ugly. Like why do you like to hang out with me?" I asked crying. He looked at me. His eyes showing anger, sadness, and compassion. 

"Who told you you're ugly?" he questioned. His voice was a little strained. Maybe it was from fighting to keep his anger down. 

"I just feel it. And when I was little people used to make me feel so bad. About my hair, skin color, my lips, my butt. Everything. They made fun of me for being mixed. I grew up ashamed of who I am. It just sucked. The only person from my childhood who knows that is my brothers, this one old friend, and you," I explained. My tears had stopped by then and I looked at him. He looked like he was going to punch someone in the face.

"Does anyone make fun of you now?"

"Not really. Just people talking behind my back and guys commenting on my size, but no," I was not facing him at all. 

"If anyone says something to you tell me," I nodded in agreement knowing that I wasn't going to tell him crap. He took my hand and held it. His hand was cold and my hand was warm. I looked at him and he looked at me. He took my hand and kissed it and I melted. 

"We're late again. We can't make a habit out of this," I said. He nodded and kissed my hand again. I guess we decided to stay in his car for the rest of the period. My eyes began to feel heavy and soon sleep greeted me.

Kai's POV

  I looked at her and she seemed to be sleep. Crying does tire a person out. Ugh, when I saw her cry I wanted to get rid of her pain anyway I could. When I heard her story I wanted to punch anybody who looked at her the wrong way. I wanted to protect her and I wanted to help her see what I see when I look at her.

  I see a beautiful curvy lady, who is strong and witty. I'm glad she gave me a chance and I will not ruin that.

  I didn't want to go to school today and I wanted to be with her. I started the car and drove to my house. Hopefully, this isn't kidnapping.

Eliza's POV

  I woke up in a soft bed. The sheets were white and fluffy. I stretched wondering where I was. I planted my feet on the floor and started to explore the home I was in. The last thing I remembered was Kai holding my hand. I blushed at the thought. I made my way down the stairs and saw Kai looking at television. Ha, who watches TV anymore?

"I do," a smirk on his face. I looked at him in horror. I really need to stop saying things aloud.

"C'mon I'm watching Catfish," he said patting the seat next to him. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was halfway through school. I was going to protest and have him take me back to school, but, in all honesty, being here with him was way better than being at school. 

  I sat next to him and put my head on his shoulder. In silence, we watched the girl being catfished. I felt bad that she had to go through that. In the middle of the episode, my stomach made and unpleasant sound. He chuckled and I blushed putting my head down.

  He got up and walked to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and got a couple of things, then went to the cupboard. He looked at me and waved me over to the kitchen.

"We are going to make Nutella brownies," he explained. I squealed in excitement. It took us 30 minutes to cook the brownies and when it came out it smelled like heaven. We got two cups of milk, two forks, and brought the batch of brownies to the coffee table. 

"So this is our hang out time, I suppose," I said. He nodded yes and ate some brownies. I grabbed my fork and ate the brownie. It was so good I moaned. Kai's eyes darted up and looked at me his eyes going a little dark. I shifted uncomfortably, kind of knowing what that look meant but not wanting to accept that he's looking at a fat blob (me) like that.

"So let us get to know each other," I said after I cleared my throat. He nodded his head slowly, his eyes slowly turning back to their hazel/green tone.

"Do you have any more siblings?" I asked.

"No. I do not. Just me and Sage. Favorite band?" he questioned.

"The Neighbourhood. Favorite childhood memory?" 

"I remember going to a museum with my dad and Sage. It was beautiful, the building. It was big and fancy and important. Favorite song at the moment?"

"Um...Breathe Me by Sia. Do you like playing basketball and football?"

"Honestly no. I hate it, but it makes my mom and dad happy. Has anyone told you that you're beautiful?"

"No. Not in a long time. Um...favorite animal?"

"You're beautiful," he looked me dead in the eyes and I saw that he wasn't joking. He stood up and pulled me up with him.

"You are the most beautiful girl I laid my eyes on," he said.

"Then you must not have looked at a lot of girls," I responded looking at our feet. He pulled me into an embrace and put his hand on my hips. I tried to wiggle away from him, but he pulled me even closer tightening his grip on me. My head was off to the side. I didn't want to look at him. His finger found his way to my chin and he guided me to look into his eyes.

"I will help you see yourself how I see you. I will help you see that you are beautiful. You will love yourself as much as I love you," he proclaimed. He leaned forward breaking the space between us and kissed my cheek. He turned around grabbed my bag and grabbed his keys and went towards the door.

"We have to go pick up your brothers, school is almost over," with that he left.

  I stood there dazed and confused. He just kissed my cheek. Wait, he said he loved me. Yo, this just escalated too quick.

[A/N Yay! A new update. I think I like where this story is going. I hope you like it. I will try to update the next chapter ASAP. Bye.]