12.

"I need to talk to you," I pleaded.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"No," I replied tears streaming down my face.

"I'm coming over," he started," Send my your address." I sent him the address to my home and went to my living room to wait for him. The house was quite. All you can hear was the air conditioning and broken hearts. It took Kai a solid 10 minutes to come to my home. When I heard the knock on the door I felt a relief within me. It was like a weight had been lifted off of my chest. 

    When I opened the door he swooped me into a big hug. He squeezed me so hard that I almost passed out, but I didn't mind. Taking my hand he led me to our couch.

"What happened?" he questioned.

"My dad cheated on my mom and that's why they divorced," I confessed. He looked at me with pure shock on his face and I nodded.

"How did you find out?" he asked. I explained everything to him.

"Oh, babe. I'm so sorry," he said as he wrapped me up in his arms. I didn't know what to do. I was starting to feel awkward, so I pulled away. Silently we sat next to each other. At this moment I was happy. Sitting with him put me at ease and it was nice to feel at ease for once in my life. Starting to get comfortable with him, slowly I put my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes and started breathing deeply. He put his arm around me and placed his head on my head. It was picture perfect. I wish it stayed like this forever.

"Want to go out?" he asked me. I didn't answer him but I ran to my room excitedly and put on my shoes and grabbed a coat. He laughed at me. 

"Are you gonna go out like that?" he questioned. I looked down and saw I was still in my pajamas.

"Yeah, why not," I shrugged.

"Okay, let's go," he reached for my hand. He led me out the house while I was in my pink tank top, grey sweatpants, black shoes, and green jacket. I had no makeup on (not that I wore much anyway) and my hair was in a pineapple bun.

    I was dark for a mixed girl and I didn't exactly have "good hair". People wouldn't believe that my mother was my mother. They would say,"You don't look mixed, you look fully black." My brothers didn't have that problem they have "good hair" and lighter skin, so no one questioned if they were mixed.

   We started to go for a walk. Holding hands looking up at the blue sky. There were barely any clouds. We were happy, well at least I was happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, I didn't update. I had to study and take my AP World History test. It's almost summer so I should be updating regularly in about three weeks. I listened to Russ while I was writing this whole chapter. Check him out. Oh and sorry for this chapter being short. I have big plans for this book. It's nowhere near done. Peace out.