8.

I walked to the car and strapped myself in. The car ride was silent and I had a lot of things running through my mind. One of them was him telling me that he loves me. I turned towards him looking at his features. His eyes were trained to the road, both his hands glued to the wheel. His knuckles were a little white but his face seemed calm, although his body and eyes said otherwise. I wondered what possessed him to say that he loved me.

  We pulled up to the school and waited for my brothers to meet us in the front of the school. The tension in the car did not ease up, instead, it kept building up. The car was almost suffocating. I turned to him and tapped him on the shoulder with my index finger. He slowly turned to me and I saw nothing in his eyes. It was emotionless. He was hiding from me and I didn't like it.

"You said you loved me," I stated looking him dead in the eyes. Fear and discomfort clouded his hazel eyes but then the disappeared. Nothingness replaced them.

"Yes, I did," he responded. I looked at him with the utmost curiosity. Why did he love me? I was average looking, fat, I had big lips that no one seemed to like on me, brown eyes that look like mud, skinny nose, freckles, messy curly hair. To say the least, I was a huge mess. Since I was mixed, I am supposed to be pretty, lovely, sexy, but I'm just a mess who doesn't fit in with anyone.

"Um...you don't know me," I fidgeted in my seat.

"I love you like a friend, but one day I will love you like you're meant to be love. I will hold you like a lover. I will love you with all my heart, and I'm already going down that road," his eyes held truth. He was telling the truth. I wanted to love him too, but I didn't want to get hurt. I had to protect my heart, but I felt like he wouldn't hurt me.

"What are you saying?" I asked looking dead at him. No one, nothing else but him.

"I like you and I would like to take you on a date," he said. I gasped not expecting what he just asked me. His eyes bored into mine, silently pleading with me to say yes to him. I nodded my head yes and he jumped up hitting his head on the roof of his car. I laughed and he laughed with me. Suddenly he was in front of me smiling his head off. I looked at him and gave him my goofiest smile. He grabbed my face and pulled me towards him pecking my lips lightly. I felt happy at that moment. Actually, it was one of the happiest moments in my life. The top ten.

  My brothers saw the car and came in and sat in the back. They looked at us weirdly before dismissing the atmosphere that was in the car and creating their own by pestering me and Kai. Kai pulled up to our home and my brother raced to the door. Sometimes the could act like 5-year-olds. I was about to walk out when I heard my name being called.

"I'll text you the details about our date," he said and I nodded.

"It can't be today because I have to go wedding dress shopping with my mom and we have a family dinner tonight," I explained. He nodded and kissed my hand. I felt my face heat up and I bolted to my house.

~~~~

Hey, everyone. I just couldn't wait to upload. It's not as long, as I do have finals, but I think this should hold you over. There are some huge plot holes that I have to fix and as well as the characters description. Have a beautiful day and an relaxing night. Bye.