CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

JULIANA’S POV

“Baby??” I asked myself as I looked on in shock.

“Look Clara, as much as we are close, don’t disrespect me like that, especially in front of strangers.” Aziz said to her.

“Who is the stranger??” she asked as she looked around and then her eyes met mine.

“Oh that?? Who is she anyway??”

“She is a nobody….when did you arrive??” Aziz asked her.

Hearing my mate call me a nobody was like I was being pierced with a silver stake.

“I came back a few minutes ago..tell me, did you miss me??” she asked Aziz as she continued throwing herself at him.

I suddenly remembered what Ma Rita told me about a certain girl whom Aziz was only friendly with.

“Who is the bitch.” My wolf said.

“Oh my goodness!! You are back!!” I squealed happily.

“I am sorry I took so long.” she said.

“It’s okay…I'm just glad to have you back.”

“So I ask again, who is the bitch hugging mate like her life depends on it??”

“Well I do not know yet…she just came around now.”

“Be careful around her…she has a weird energy coming from her.” Ella said.

“Oh trust me, my plan is to stay away from anything that has to do with Aziz.” I said.

“Nooo your plan is to stick to mate like glue or even a leech.”

“None can do Ella…I am not sticking to that air headed monster like a leech.”

“I know you are angry at him.”

“Angry doesn’t even begin to cut it Ella so don’t tell me to stick to him…besides he has someone to keep him company and it’s best if I stayed away.” I said.

“So you are just going to watch as someone else steal mate away from us??”

“Ella, this girl in question has known mate even before we came into the picture so we definitely can’t be in competition with her.”

“Just stick to mate is what I am saying Julia…you don’t need to be in a competition with her.”

“I am not.” I said as I blocked her out.

The last thing I wanted to do was to get any close to Aziz and I am only going to do my duties and get on with my normal activities.

I decided to go around the pack to look for friends and also engage in the activities of the pack.

After a while of walking around, I was amazed to see how beautiful and big the pack was.

Just when I got to a certain location, I saw a lot of people gathered around and most of them looked like warriors.

“Hey, your face is new….are you new here??” A girl asked.

“Are you talking to me??” I asked as I looked around.

“Yes silly….are you new here??”

“Yeah I am.” I said.

“Oh that’s amazing..I am Zina and you??”

“I am Juliana…Julia for short.” I said shyly.

“Oh welcome to Crimson moon shadow pack Julia…how long have you been here??” she asked.

“Well not more than a week….what about you??” I asked.

“I was born here.” she said as she laughed.

“Ohhh…that is nice…can I ask a question??” 

“Yeah, what question???” she asked.

“What is going on here?? Are they going to war??”I asked as I pointed at the warriors training.

“Oh no..this is just their usual training.”

“Can females be allowed to join…I mean train with them too??” I asked.

“No they aren’t….I have been pleading with my brother to teach me how to fight but he has refused.” she said.

“Your brother??”

“Yeah, he is the one on red giving them orders.” she said.

I looked at them and saw the person she was referring to and it was as if he knew I was looking at him because his eyes met mine and I instantly almost choked.

I started coughing intensely.

“Are you okay??” Zina asked with a look of concern on her face.

“Yeah I am…sorry about that.”

“You don’t have to be sorry…I am just glad I saw someone to talk to after a whole week of loneliness.” I said.

“Friends??” she asked as she stretched her hands.

“Friends.” I said as I shook her hands smiling.

“So how old are you Julia??” she asked.

“I am 18 years old.”

“Wow..same here Julia…have you found your mate??” she asked.

“No I haven’t.” I said.

“Hmmm that is strange….I found mine two days ago and he was someone I never expected to be my mate.” she said.

“Oh congratulations Zina…but why do you say so??? Is he from another pack??”

“He is my best friend.” she said.

“Wow, you are very lucky Zina…at least you know each other and it won’t be awkward between the both of you.”

“Well that is what you think Julia..it is even more awkward between us now.”

“Really?? Why is that??”

“It is complicated….it’s like we are strangers all over again…can you believe I asked him to kiss me yesterday and he started laughing??”

“Laughing?? What for??”

“He said he never imagined himself kissing his best friend.”

“Oh now I understand…my advice is that you both take it really slow and very soon, everything will play out fine.” I said.

“Thanks so much Julia…and I pray the moon goddess sends you a mate soon or I will be forced to arrange one for you.” she said as she winked at me.

“What do you mean by that??” I asked.

“My brother hasn’t stopped staring in this direction since we started talking.” she said smiling.

“Well, maybe he is wondering why a stranger is talking to his sister.” I said.

“Nope, that is not the kind of look he has been giving.” Zina said, still smiling.

I turned and looked at her brother’s direction and his eyes met mine again making me blush.

“I can see you are blushing.” she said.

I coughed awkwardly and cleared my throat.

“It has been great seeing you Zina..I have to take my leave now…can we see again tomorrow??” I asked.

“Of course…just meet me here tomorrow and I will give you a tour of the pack.”

“Really?? Thank you so much.”

“You are welcome…take care and see you tomorrow.” she said.

“Take care Zina.”

I was about to walk away when someone blocked my way.

“Not so fast, stranger.”

Hmmm things are about to get Interesting....what's your take about the character Zina??🤔🤔

Don't forget to like, share and comment 😉♥️🌹