CHAPTER EIGHT

JULIANA’S POV

“If you are not a whore, then prove it.” he said, staring deeply into my eyes.

“I am not a whore Alpha and I don’t need to prove it to you.”

“You have grown some guts…before, you couldn’t even stare at me but now you look into my eyes and challenge me.”

“How is trying to defend my dignity an act of challenge Alpha??”

“Silence!!!!!” he yelled.

I looked down to the ground in fear because I didn’t want any punishment from him.

“Little girl, I will teach you your place in this pack and then you will know that a nobody like you doesn’t deserve any kindness.” he said as he walked away in anger.

“What kindness is he talking about Julia?? Because the last time I checked, he has been nothing but a pain in the ass since we came here.” Ella said.

I chuckled a bit as I held back my laughter.

My wolf has always been the bold and courageous type compared to me, she says whatever and she is sometimes very daring which is exactly the opposite of what I am.

“Don’t say that Ella, he is still our mate regardless of how he treats us.”

“A mate who treats us worse than a slave..what sort of mate is that??”

“Well we can’t blame the moon goddess can we??”

“Why did the moon goddess choose to punish us like this?? What did we ever do to deserve it??”

“We can never question the moon goddess Ella..let us just accept our fate and hope for the best in the coming future.”

I was feeling so hungry as I skipped breakfast and after I got to the kitchen, I saw Madam Rita cooking.

“Hello Julia, what brings you to the kitchen today??”

“I work here.” I said laughing a bit.

“That is the first time I have heard you laugh..you should do that more often.” she said.

“Thank you.”

“By the way, I wanted to ask you a few questions if you don’t mind.”

“You can ask me anything.” I said smiling.

“How did you get here?? I mean, how did the Alpha get to bring you here??”

“I don’t really know the full details but I know that my pack was under attack one day and the next thing I know, I am right here butI do know that it wasn’t the Alpha who brought me here but his warriors.”

“Hold on a minute….it was your pack that got attacked by ours??”

“Yes it was.”
“Oh my…..I am deeply sorry about that dear.”

“You don’t have to be sorry Rita…you weren’t the one sent to my pack.”

“I am feeling guilty because this is my pack and hearing about such a thing happening to you while you still stay here smiling really breaks my heart.”

“I don’t have a choice here…the Alpha has taken me as a maid and if I even try to escape from here, it is going to be the end of me.”

“Don’t say that…he is not as bad as you think.” 

“Who??” I asked in confusion.

“Who else, I mean the Alpha.” she said smiling.

“You are playing with me..I am sure of it.”

“I am not dear…when you get to know him fully well, you will see his good sides.”

“I don’t think he has any good sides…..ever since I came here, he has only shown me how worthless I am as a person and as a werewolf and I highly doubt he has any good sides.”

“I know he is acting all tough for you to fear him and give him the respect he craves for but deep down, he has a good side.”

“I have been working here for over thirty years dear so I know him to an extent.”

“Wow…thirty whole years??? Why??”

“Well I was born and brought up here and after I came of age to work, that was when my Father brought me here to work under the Alpha’s Mother and Father and that was when they gave birth to him and I have watched him grow ever since to the man he is today.”

“Where are his parents??”

“That is another topic we don’t discuss here at the pack because if the Alpha finds out, it is a death sentence without mercy.” she said.

“Hmmm so many secrets hidden in this pack.”

“Not really secrets but sensitive topics which trigger the emotions of the Alpha and his rage is something no one wishes to see so we just keep things mute.”

“Alright I understand.”

“What about your mate dear, do you miss him??” she asked.

I felt uneasy as soon as she asked me the question about my mate.

“I don’t have a mate.” I blurted out.

“Really??? How old are you??” she asked.

“I am eighteen.”

“Then you must have met your mate or maybe prepared to.” she said.

“I don’t want a mate.” I said.

“Even if you don’t want one dear, there is always one prepared by the moon goddess for each and everyone of us.” 

“Do you have a mate??” I asked as I bit my finger nervously.

“Well I did…but he died after I gave birth to my second child in a war front.”

“I am so sorry about that…but I am surprised you have two kids!! Where are they?? And how old are they??”

“My first daughter is about sixteen years old and my son is eleven.” she said.

“Wow, that is amazing….are they here in this pack??” I asked.

“No they aren’t…they are currently at their aunt's because of my work here….but they do come here often to see me.” she said smiling.

“When they come around again, don’t forget to introduce them to me.”

“I won’t dear…they would love you.”

“I hope so…I want to make some friends here.”

“You will…just give it some time okay??”

“Okay …thank you so much for your kindness and encouraging words…I am grateful to have met a kind person like you.”

“It is nothing dear…just keep being the wonderful soul that you are and things will change for good for you.”

“I will Ma Rita..I am sorry I just have to accord you with the respect you deserve.”

She suddenly burst into laughter.

“Whatever you feel comfortable with dear….help me check that.” she said as she pointed at the food on my side.

After I was done with my kitchen duties, I decided to take a stroll around the house to see other places and suddenly I passed by a room and the door was opened.

I went inside and was amazed at how huge the room was and it was beautifully decorated as well.

The bed was a king sized one and the room had this nice Aura.

Suddenly, I perceived a familiar scent and before I could go out of the room, the door suddenly looked.

“You have some nerves coming into my room Julia.”