CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

JULIANA'S POV

I squinted my eyes trying to open them but the bright light made it difficult.

“She's awake!!! She's awake!!” I heard someone shout.

“Where am I??” I asked as I slowly opened my eyes and looked around.

“You are at the pack’s clinic dear.” a woman who looked like she was in her mid 50s said.

I tried sitting up but I was feeling too weak to do so.

“No dear, just rest a while….you body needs every atom of rest it can get.” she said.

“What is wrong with me?? And who brought me here??” I asked.

“Well, you were dehydrated and your system lacked food which made you weak.”

“And who brought me here??” I asked.

“Our Alpha.” she said.

“Can I meet him??” I asked.

She suddenly bursts into laughter.

“My dear, I don't know about that…..usually he doesn't even show his face to strangers or exhibit any form of sympathy for anyone but bringing you here by himself has got everyone talking so I will advise that you wait for him to reveal himself to you.” she said.

It was so strange and I could tell everyone feared this so-called Alpha.

I couldn't feel my wolf anymore and it was like she cut off the access to communicating with her.

First it was my parents and now my wolf and all these are happening to just one person.

I suddenly burst into tears and blamed myself for all that had happened.

Just when I cried myself to sleep, I had a dream.

And in the dream, I saw someone reaping my parent’s heart out of their chest.

I couldn't see the person's face properly and as I screamed and cried, I jolted awake with tears on my face.

“Is anything the matter dear??” the nice lady who I met earlier asked.

“Nothing maam, I just had a nightmare.” I said.

“Oh dear, sorry about that.” she said with a sad expression on her face.

“How long do I have to be on this bed?” I asked.

“Well till the Alpha decides what to do with you dear.”

“Can't you just let me go??” I asked as tears rolled down my eyes.

“If I could, dear, I would have done that but everyone working here will face the consequences.”

“I don't understand.” I said in confusion.

“Our Alpha has always been ruthless and fearless…we aren't even permitted to call his name and whoever has done that didn't live to tell the tale.

I remembered that I heard that statement from somewhere but I couldn't phantom where exactly or who made the statement.

“Is she that wicked??” I asked.

“I really don't know dear because I haven't crossed his path in a bad way and I would advise you to do the same.”

“How??”

“Whenever you come across him, don't say his name and dont look him in the eyes because he hates it.”

“He is indeed a monster.” I whispered.

“That my dear will be up to you to decided after you have met him.” she said.

She gave me something to eat and walked out of the room.

After eating, I peeped through the window to observe the environment and I was in awe as the pack was really beautiful and large as well.

Just a little bit further from the clinic stood a huge mansion which I assume was the home of the Alpha.

I had to admit that it was beautiful and I wondered what it would look like up close or even inside.

It was just a few hours to my 18th birthday and I was not happy with the fact that I was spending it alone and as a prisoner for that matter.

I wasn't allowed to go anywhere and If I wanted to walk, it was just around the ward in the clinic.

There was no one to talk to and my wolf, who was the only one I could have conversations with, decided to ignore me for reasons unknown to me.

And just like that, it was 12:00 Am.

“Happy birthday Julianna.” I said to myself as tears flowed down my eyes.

I didn't know why the Moon goddess decided to punish me like this but I just had to accept my fate.

“He is coming, Julia.” My wolf spoke.

“Oh my goodness, where were you?? I thought you abandoned me??”

“I am a part of you Julia so it's impossible to abandon you.” she said.

Suddenly I smelt something so lovely.

It was a mixture of sandalwood and pine and it was a relaxing and energizing smell.

“He is here.”my wolf said.

“Who is??” I asked in confusion.

Someone suddenly entered the room where I was lying down.

It was dark and I couldn't see his face but I noticed he was really talk, masculine with a bulked up body and I could see his eyes were bright silver.

As he walked closer to me, the sweet smell hit my nostrils again and I knew instantly it was coming from him.

There was this aura coming from him that smelled dominance and that could only come from an Alpha.

He stopped on his tracks when he got closer to me but I still couldn't see his face as it was dark.

“What is your name??” he asked.

His voice was so dominating that it could make anyone weak to their knees.

“Mate!! Mate!! He is our mate!!” my wolf sang repeatedly.

“Are you a mute??” he asked.

“N..n..no.” I answered stuttering.

“What is your name??” 

“I am Julianna.” I said.

He growled deeply like he was having an inner battle with himself.

“Go into mates arms!!” my wolf continued her chants.

“Quiet Ella, we don't even know if he likes us.” I said.

“I can’t have such a weakling as a mate.” he said.

It was then I remembered the dream I had a day before my Fathers pack was attacked.

I knew the dream was coming to a reality and I had to do something to stop him from rejecting me.

I did the most stupid thing I could think about.

I got out of the bed and gave him a tight hug like my life depended on it.

I noticed he stiffened as soon as I hugged him and his breath became rugged like he was holding back himself.

“Please do not reject me.” I whispered.