I must get her back!

Dimitri's point of view

I was busy attending to the numerous Alpha's that attended the first crescent moon festival ball. Currently I was speaking with the Alpha of the Rock mountain pack and the other hundred Alphas from packs across the continent. We mostly discussed about forging future alliances between packs and creating a partnership in business, well every conversation was boring to say the least and I wasn't completely paying attention to the other Alphas. Right now all I could think about was seeing Isabelle and that too in the perfect blue dress I chose out for her. I knew she would look exquisite in it, just like a divine goddess. But where was she?

'Yes, where is our mate?' Luca asked, he was jumping in excitement and couldn't wait to see her. He wouldn't stop urging me to go and look for her, and I scanned through the crowded halls but I couldn't find her or her peculiar scent anywhere.

'Easy there Luca. We will see her soon, so relax.’ I retorted at Luca mentally. Lately Isabelle was basically everything we thought about, she took up every space in my thoughts and her essence clouded my thoughts. She was a great mystery to me, a mystery I needed to unravel. I heard Gabe call out to me from behind.

"Alpha," Gabe said, as he approached me accompanied by Dixie, one of the siphon twin witches. They were Seth's adopted kids. He took them after their mother, a great witch and a friend of the pack passed. She died right after giving birth, and she requested that Seth take care of her two girls, they were exceptional witches. But right now there was something in their faces that seemed very uneasy. There was a problem.

I stepped out of the company of my guest. "Did something happen?" I asked, staring at both their faces. They both exchanged a worried glance before Gabe began.

"It's about Luna.” Gabe begins and instantly I could feel myself tense up at her mention. What about Isabella?

“Dixie believes that she isn't just a human. She thinks that Luna is a witch." Gabe answered. I peeled my eyes off him and looked back at Dixie to confirm if what Gabe just said was true.

"I don't just think, I know." She defended, "I can feel and siphon magical energies all around and earlier today when I was with Isabella I could feel magical energy all over her bracelet, and I could read some inscriptions on it. There was a word in Celtic that meant 'to bind’. And when she touched me I could feel a raw but powerful magical aura surrounding her. So I believe that the reason why we never could tell that she was a witch was because of her bracelet. It is a binding bracelet. She used it to keep her witch side dominant and protected, but when Rubi snapped it, her magic was released." Dixie finished explaining.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing from them. Isabelle was a witch? It was really hard to believe, I always knew there was something special about her. This would partially explain why she is being hunted by all these monsters. I needed answers, this time it needed to come straight from her. No lies, no disguises, just the truth. She had a lot of explaining to do.

"It's really hard to believe that Isabella's a witch. She really feels like an ordinary human. I couldn't sense even the smallest trace of magic in her." Gabe said, still really skeptical about the entire idea.

‘We need to speak with mate now. We need to hear her own side of the truth.' Luca insisted, and I couldn't agree less. We needed to have a truthful conversation.

"I need to talk to her." I told them walking off to my office. I mind linked Lance telling him to find Isabelle for me, I couldn't sense her. Her smell was also gone from the entire castle.

After a minute Lance responded back through the mind link.

"She isn't here. Gemini and I have searched the entire pack but she isn't here." Lance stated. Where did she go?