They all want me dead!!

Chapter 1

"I GOT THE DRINKS!!!"

I heard Iris scream loudly trying to surpass the loud sound of the music's uproar that was hell bent on blowing out my eardrums tonight at the club.

"About time! Why did you take so long!" I tried my best to scream right back at her, taking one of the red plastic cups from her hands. The cups contained mixed cocktails which I would prefer to not know its ingredients.

It was my first night here at Tropical Thunder, the biggest and busiest nightclub in the whole of Bournville. Basically, everyone from our college went here including a bunch of hormonal high school teens with fake IDs who just wanted to prove to their peers that they were bad enough. What complete idiots they were, wasting their time trying to prove their self-worth to other people who couldn't even care less. Trying to live up to others' standards just sounded dumb to me, like why don't you just be you? But anyways enough of my opinion, Iris began saying.

"I met a guy," Iris giggled, bobbing her head side to side, dancing to the rhythm of the music that played.

A guy she said? This was just typical of Iris. She literally changed guys every single week, but what could I do with her? She was my best friend and the only one that I had.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those pathetic and shy types of girls who find it hard to make new friends or don't know how to have a good time. No, that wasn't the case here. I think I'm actually quite fun to hang with and I bet anyone would love to be friends with me but the real reason I didn't have any friends was just because no one could actually stick around to understand my already fucked up life except Iris.

She always stuck around no matter what happened. She was more than a friend to me, we had a sisterly bond that couldn't be daunted. To me, she was family and the only one I had left.

Iris and I practically grew up together at the same orphanage home when we were kids, well that was until she got adopted by a loving, rich and wealthy human family and I got adopted by a disgusting drunkard and abuser. But oh well, that is just my typical luck. It was crappy, very crappy if I may add. Like the type of luck where-lightning would strike at the same place twice-kind of crappy.

"Who is the new guy that got you smiling like this?" I asked as we both started to dance to the beat that played in the background. It was pizzaboys, they made the best music.

"Remember Landon Brettman? From literature class?" She asked as she turned around while I ran my hands all over her body as we danced rocking our bodies together.

But wait, she got to be fucking kidding me?

Do I remember Landon Brettman?! Of course, I remember Landon Brettman, it would be impossible to forget someone as annoying and lousy as Landon Brettman or like I usually refer to as Landon jerkman.

Landon was a spoiled, proud, egoistical show-off and a big man whore among many other things like a showoff, brat, proud, annoying, lousy, overly confident and the list could go on and on.

And out of all the numerous courses I had applied for, sadly I was unlucky enough to share one with hi--literature.

Landon looked more like one of those stereotypical 90s jocks if I'm being blatantly honest. To simply put, a guy like Landon was a total waste to humanity. Facts!

"Ew. I bet he wouldn't even last a day with you. It's either you dump his sorry ass or he cheats again." I chortled, expressing my disgust about the thought of her and Landon together. I really hoped this wasn't going to be a long-term thing.

"Maybe? Honestly, I think so too, but I'm going to be the one dumping him first." we both laughed "But you know that they all just serve as a fun distraction for me until I find my one true mate," Iris said dreamily. She was really excited about the thought of meeting her mate, destined for her by the Moon goddess.