MATE!!!

Chapter 2

*Mate!*

Dimitri's point of view

IT WAS JUST YESTERDAY THAT I got a whiff of her scent at tropical thunder. Yes, after all this time I finally felt her for the first time, my so-called mate. But for her own sake I really wish I hadn't.

'Mate!' Luca my wolf has practically been singing that exact word in my head over and over again ever since yesterday when he smelt her, it was agonizingly painful to bear. I guess he was leaping with joy at the thought of finally meeting his so-called soulmate but I wasn't, and to be honest meeting someone chosen for me by the moon goddess wasn't exactly thrilling to me. It sounds too cliche if you asked me. There were still a lot of things that needed my attention first, things that needed to be done, and she smelt like a human. What the hell could she possibly do to help me or the pack?

I don't care what Celeste or her damn prophecies had said, but a human mate was of no use to me and even more to the entire pack, if anything she would only stand in my way.

My name is Dimitri Axel Castellan and just to pique your curiosity I'm not just your regular werewolf, I am a Lycan. Well the last one that still roamed this already fucked up world as it is, our sworn enemies, the vampires, made sure of that.

To the mundane world I am the CEO of Castellan corp and Europe's youngest and most eligible billionaire playboy. But when I'm not out signing checks, making deals or breaking pretty girls' hearts, I'm the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack, the biggest and most formidable pack in the entire continents and the world. To the supernatural world I am known as the Blood Alpha and everyone's worst nightmare.

My father, the former Alpha lycan king and my mother the Luna queen died a few years after I was born. Four years to be more exact. A flashback of that cursed day crept back into my mind. The day both my parents were killed, the day we were raided and attacked by the Volkari coven, it's been already two decades and three years ever since but the memory was fresh to me like it was just yesterday, it haunted and plagued my thoughts. I guess time could heal some wounds but this wound won't.

In case you were wondering, the Volkari's were a coven of very ancient and elite vampires. They were nothing but blood thirsty parasites if you asked me and are the immortal enemies of us werewolves. What made them so dangerous was that they had thousands of armies and they were presumably spread out to every corner of the world with one sole motive, to cause destruction wherever they went.

Vampires in the Volkari pack were evil and every pack knew better than to draw their attention. I brushed those thoughts out of my mind as I slammed the door of my black Rolls Royce shut, as I reached my intended destination. I had arrived at Coffee bay, the best café in Bournville, they served the best coffee which I literally ran on.

I pushed open the door to the café where Lance and Gabe were already seated at a table, waiting for me. Lance is my childhood friend, one of the very few people I could completely trust and he is also my beta and second in command in my pack so our bond was strengthened. He is also one of the pack's best warriors if I do say so myself. While Gabe is my delta and he is also my annoying little cousin that gets on my nerves from time to time. Sometimes I fucking hate that mutt.

The familiar and ever so appealing sweet scent of vanilla and fresh lilacs mixed together was all over the place again.

Oh good goddess! She must be very close. The scent only grew stronger and stronger.

For fuck sake why was fate playing this cruel game with me. I could feel Luca growl in excitement just by catching a whiff of her scent, as he chanted the word 'Mate! Mate! Mate!' like a holy mantra, for the first time I really wished he could just keep quiet. I and Luca agreed on almost everything except on the matter of finding our mate, he wanted her but I didn't.