59

!Nova's POV!

I took a deep breath and stretched my body lightly, squeezing my eyes tight before I opened them. My eyes were attacked by these blinding lighes and I groaned at their nonsense.

An unconscious person doesn't want lights! I felt the lights dim a little so I again opened my eyes and thank the power sitting above that I was not again blinded by these eyes.

It took a second for my eyes to adjust but it took a lot more time to stable and gather my mind. It felt like I had drunk too much and my mind is going to a frenzy.

I sighed looking around to see Edward, Luke and Carlisle. The three of them looked so..... serious that for a moment I thought something happened.

"So...... how's life treating y'all" I asked sitting up and winced at the pain in my head, God! I hate drugs.

"You tell.... you have alot going on" Luke's voice was not the same. He felt so..... distant and rude. I raised my eyebrows and nodded hesitatingly.

"Everything's.....fine" I said and Carlisle came to me, taking the pen torch out of his pocket.

"Follow my finger" He said and I did, he did the basic checkup and everything is alright I guess.

"You have a high blood pressure but nothing else serious" I guess not...

"What medicines have you been taking for high BP?" He asked suddenly and I felt so lost and..... dumb. I have High BP?

"Well...... I didn't knew I had this problem" I told him and he nodded lightly.

"Okay, let me ask someone to bring some medicines for you then?"

"Um..... I don't think medicines would be necessary?" I said not wanting to eat any medicine.

"Oh yeah, why would a soon-to-be dead person eat medicines, right.... Nova?" I froze slightly hearing Luke's remark. If I'm thinking right, does that mean he know? But..... how?

"What are you talking about?" I asked acting dumb, if they just have a hunch then I guess everything would be fine.

"I don't know, you tell me" He said in that know-it-all tone and I tried so hard to not let my voice falter or waver.

"What are you talking about? Care to elaborate?" Okay, this is going good b–fuck Edward can read my mind.

I quickly let my guard up and let my eyes met Edward. His face was difficult to read, he was not showing any kind of expression What is making it very hard for me to know if he had read my thoughts already.

"I haven't read your thoughts if you are worried about it because you will tell me what is going on Nova and don't try to lie" They both know something but I can't risk it because they will quickly abort our plan and it is high time, we cannot think of something else.

"What are you guys talking about, I don't understand" I rasped, this is getting way out of my hands.

"We should not put her in pressure right now, let it go son" Carlisle spoke and trust me when I say that I haven't liked this man so much before. Always the sophisticated and calm on in their family but looking at Edward I dont think he is ready to back up.

"This will be the first time I am not listening to you Carlisle, please don't" My eyes widened in shock and I didn't even knew when my haze snapped towards Carlisle who had already shut his mouth. Okay I am fucked.

"Now... tell me Nova, why were you babbling about dying?" My breathing increased when I heard Luke's voice.

Now I know why the hell they are acting so different, I spilled out everything when I was drugged. I didn't even realised my heartbeat had skyrocketed before the monitor started to beep and everyone's eyes went towards it.