Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"So how is it living back at the apartment?" Sean asked Stella as they drove back from their date which consisted of going to a pizzeria.

"It's been okay." Stella shrugged.

"Have you talked to Harry at all?"

"No. We don't talk or anything. He's usually gone when I'm home or we just stay in our rooms." Stella lied.

She figured that it'd be best if she didn't tell him that she and Harry were friends again because she promised him that she wouldn't speak to him or anything. She wasn't willing to risk her relationship with Sean or Harry so she decided to treat them separately. Eventually secrets come out though. It was only a matter of time before the two collided.

"Why did you move out for that one week? I know you said it was because he was difficult to live with so why go back? Was that the only reason?" He brought up the topic that Stella had tried her best to stray away from.

"I just needed some space and we talked over boundaries." She shrugged, not giving him a truthful answer.

"You talked to him?" He continued to press on the subject.

"Why does it matter?" She asked, getting annoyed by his behavior.

"Because I don't trust, Harry." He angrily said and though he had a point, Stella was still upset with him.

"I don't even look at him so there's nothing to worry about. End of conversation." She rolled her eyes, over with his attitude.

"Okay," He said as they pulled up to her driveway. "See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah. See you." She sighed, quickly getting out of the car and entering the apartment, watching from the window as Sean drove away.

Harry, who was sitting on the couch and reading a new book, heard the door slam and looked up to see Stella. He studied her as she turned around, a frustrated look on her face. She hadn't noticed him yet. She was too fumed up from her conversation with Sean.

"What happened to you?" He broke the silence after a few moments, Stella looking up.

"Nothing."

"Okay." He nodded, not pushing her into telling him anything. He knew that she'd say something when she was ready and he didn't want to rush her. So, in the meantime, he went back to reading his book.

She watched him look nonchalant and disinterested as she placed her tote bag on the table they had in the hallway, walking into the living room to face him. Being the clumsy mess she was, she slipped on the wooden floor that was slicker than normal. Harry had done some cleaning while she was gone and mopping the floors was one of those things, hence the slipperiness.

She fell, landing right in front of Harry. She managed to save herself from face planting by falling on her knees and grabbing the closest thing to her which happened to be a pair of legs. The two were in a very compromised position to say the least.

Stella looked up to see a smirking, shirtless Harry which only made her eyes widen. From where she was standing before and the angle of how he was holding the book, the arm rest of the couch covered up his chest. She had no idea he was shirtless.

"On your knees for me? You don't have to beg, Stells." He mischievously said as his eyes trailed up and down her body, making her stomach turn. Suddenly her organs were gymnastics from all the flips they were doing.

Stella then remembered what she was wearing as his jaw clenched. She looked down only to see that her short slip dress had ridden up, the bottom exposing her upper thighs along with her cleavage.