Chapter 19

Chapter 19

A week and a half had passed by and Stella managed to keep her promise to Sean that she'd cut off her ties with Harry. Harry messaged her at least once every day and even tried calling her a few times but he wouldn't get a response from. He was worried about her. He knew that she was at least safe because she was posting on Twitter but she hadn't bothered to answer him. He was beginning to wonder if he'd done something wrong and then the other part of him was convinced that she was probably just too busy or that she kept forgetting to respond. Either way, Stella was on his mind.

On the bright side, he finished writing "Canyon Moon" and recorded both that and "Watermelon Sugar." He had roughly a quarter of an album at this point. Now he just needed the missing seventy-five percent to complete it. In a short span of just about two months, he had written four songs that he felt really good about, a couple others that he was still debating on. He'd been stressed and worried that he wouldn't be able to write anything after the break-up with Camille due to being either too emotional or empty. In fact, he had been worried that he wouldn't be able to get out of bed some mornings but he proved himself wrong. It's funny how something that feels like a lifetime can turn into a season.

Stella had been a big help in it all too. Her presence was something Harry valued and looked forward to. Even in moments of her own darkness, she managed to shine a light onto him. In the couple months that they'd been friends, they had deep talks; ones that Harry would often shy away from but Stella was like summer. She was fun, full of life and color; she was liking dipping your toes in the ocean on a hot day or drinking your favorite lemonade while reading a book in a hammock. She was the thunderstorms that would appear out of nowhere, but she was also the rainbow that graced the world with herself afterwards. That, and she was hot. She was helping him rediscover himself. Things that he once loved and had forgotten about, she was bringing back. She was filling pieces in Harry that he had pushed aside.

"Have any new song ideas, Harry?" Jeff asked as they sat across from one another, eating their lunch for the day which happened to be sushi.

"Not at the moment." Harry shook his head, finishing up his shrimp tempura roll.

"Have you listened to any of your voice memos to see if you had anything in there?" Jeff asked, wanting to get anything and everything out of his star of a client.

"I actually haven't." Harry said, pulling up the app on his phone.

He scrolled through them, trying to see which ones didn't have titles and which ones did. While scrolling, his finger slipped and pressed play on one. At the sound of the strumming, Harry immediately recognized what it was and who it was.

"Coucou!" A feminine voice excitedly said hello in French as Harry strummed along to the guitar.

"Is that?" Jeff asked, referring to the woman's voice.

"Yeah, it's her." He said, swallowing the lump that had formed in the back of his throat.

Harry had done everything he possibly could to avoid Camille since their break-up. He avoided talking to her and about her; he tried not to think of her and would even go as far as deleting her phone number on his phone only to later re-enter it in case he'd ever need it again.

"Parfait! Allez!" Camille's soft voice said, the voice memo ending soon after.

"Grab my guitar." Harry told Jeff who immediately got up to grab it for him. He took the guitar and started to strum the chords from the voice memo, humming softly along to it as he tried to figure out what he wanted to say. "I, I just miss, I just miss your accent and your friends. Did you know I still talk to them?" Were the first lyrics he came up with as he thought about Camille's voice and running into Phoebe awhile ago.