Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Two weeks had passed by and the distance between Harry and Stella had started to grow, unlike their relationship. Harry was doing everything in his power to avoid Stella. He'd been staying overnight at the studio a lot and was getting very little work done. He added more to "Fine Line" and recorded "Adore You" but that was as far as he had gotten.

Stella and Sean were going out on dates, but she was still unsure about it all and about her feelings. Specifically, her feelings for Harry. She was still getting a weird feeling whenever she would think about him and she wasn't getting those feelings for Sean. However, she continued to push those feelings away. She was burying them deep down to the point where eventually she wouldn't even know they were ever there. At least that's what she was hoping for because she knew that she and Harry were never going to be a thing. They'd already discussed that.

Today was Friday which was usually the day Stella and Harry would hang out and try to write music. He'd try his best to avoid going to the studio on Fridays in order to hang out with her but lately, he had switched that up. The past two weeks he'd make up an excuse for why he couldn't hang out with her and she was starting to pick up on it too.

Stella woke up earlier than normal that day in order to catch Harry on his way out and confront him about how he was pushing her away. She wanted to know why because the blanks that she was coming up with were making her crazy. She walked out of her room and headed towards the living room, catching him by the front door. He turned around at the sound of her footsteps, revealing his keys in his hands and his sunglasses on, getting ready to leave. Hoping that Stella didn't see him, he turned back around and wrapped his hand around the doorknob, getting ready to open up the door and leave.

"Harry, wait up." Stella said, making him unable to avoid her.

He let out a small sigh as he turned around, lifting his sunglasses up to look her in the eyes.

"I have to go." Was all he said, trying to avoid conversation with her.

"This will only take a minute." Stella reassured him.

"What's up?" He asked, still remaining by the door.

"Come join me in the living room." Stella said, not giving him the opportunity to bolt out the door.

Harry followed after her and took a seat on the seat opposite of hers, waiting to see what she'd say next.

"I only have a few minutes." He said, tapping his foot in an impatient behavior.

"What's your deal lately?" Stella asked him bluntly, getting straight to the point.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, knowing exactly what she was referring to but not wanting to mention it.

"You've been avoiding me. This is the first time I've seen you this week. What's your deal," She asked him, waiting for a response but not earning one. "Did I do something wrong?" She asked, just wanting to understand what was going on.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Harry decided to play the dick move as he pretended to be clueless.

"I'm sorry if I did something wrong. It wasn't my intention to." Stella said, frowning ever so slightly as she looked down at her lap.

"I really don't have the time for this." Harry annoyedly said.

"Okay then go." Stella said, finding herself getting angry by his response or his lack of response.

"You don't have to be rude. I'm sorry that I actually have a music career and have things to do." Harry said, his words hitting Stella sharp enough to make her flinch at them.