Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Stella woke up the next morning in her bed and went out to the kitchen only to remember that Harry was gone for two weeks. She popped some bread into the toaster and mashed up an avocado, adding some everything bagel seasoning to it before pilling it onto her toast. She washed some cherry tomatoes and added it to her plate. She then brewed some green tea and added milk and sugar to it before walking into the living room and turning on the tv. She ate her breakfast and headed off to her classes, later meeting up with Sean.

"Hey!" She called out to him with a smile on her face as she jogged over to him.

However, he didn't respond. Instead, he ignored any contact she tried to make with him.

"What's up?" She asked, noticing his weird behavior.

"You hung out with Harry yesterday?" Sean asked, ignoring her question.

"Yeah, why?" She asked, her eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"Guess you forgot about our plans. That or you just didn't care which wouldn't surprise me." Sean said, a mixture of hurt and anger laced in this voice.

"Oh my God," Stella's eyes widened as it came flooding back into her mind. "I completely forgot! I am so sorry." She apologized, feeling terrible for forgetting about their date that they rescheduled after she bailed on him the first time for hanging out with Harry.

"Whatever. It's fine. Not like it's the second time we've rescheduled it or anything." Sean said very passive-aggressively, continuing to walk away.

"Let's reschedule for tonight." Stella tried to make it better.

"Can't. I have an exam tomorrow that I need to study for." Sean shut her down, giving her no chances to make it up to him.

"Okay. Thursday?" She asked.

"Maybe but for now I have to go. I'll see you later." He said, walking off and leaving.

Stella got into her car and called up Jocelyn, needing someone to talk to. A lot had been going on in her life and she needed someone to rant to about both Harry and Sean.

"Hey girl!" She responded in a chipper tone.

"Hey, could you come over today? I need some girl time." Stella told her.

"Of course! I'll be there in like thirty." Jocelyn said before hanging up.

Stella made her way to the apartment and turned on her essential oil diffuser that Harry got as she came in, a lame attempt at making the place smell like him. Jocelyn arrived shortly after and knocked, not receiving a response. After a few seconds, she decided to try and open the door only to find out that Stella left it unlocked.

"Hey!" She smiled as she saw Stella sitting on the couch.

"Hey." She faintly smiled back, getting up to hug her.

"What's up, girly?" Jocelyn asked, taking a seat next to her.

She knew that there was something up by the way that she had called and how she was sitting alone on the couch with no tv on or any music playing. Stella tended to be someone who disconnected from everyone and everything whenever she got overwhelmed and thought too much. She would live inside her mind and that wasn't a good thing.

"A lot." Stella sighed, rubbing her head from the minor headache that was starting to form.

"Well, I got time."

"So Sean and I have started going out on dates to try it out and see how it would work. He made plans with me the other day but I canceled on him because Harry called me and said he had something important to show me. We then rescheduled for yesterday and I completely forgot about it so I made plans with Harry. Which, now that I'm thinking back on it, I don't even know how he knew that I was with Harry because we didn't speak at all. That's beside the point though. I just feel bad for letting him down again and he's upset with me now. At the same time though I don't regret hanging out with Harry." Stella started to spill it all out.