Chapter 4

Chapter Four

Friday had rolled around, and it was the first day of recording for Harry's new album. Normally, he'd be excited and itching to get in the studio but lately, he had no inspiration or motivation, which was going to make the day hard. Jeff was going to be pretty pissed, to say the least.

He grabbed his notebook as well as his guitar even though he knew that there would be guitars at the studio. However, this particular guitar was special to Harry. It was gifted to him by his stepfather, Robin, before he had passed and now Harry would only use it on special occasions. He got into his tesla and headed straight for Shangri-La Studios. On the way there, he was listening to some songs and artists who inspire him. When he pulled up to the studio, "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac had just ended.

"Here we go." He said to himself as he got out of his car, walking up to the white building. Windows surrounded the structure and Jeff could be seen in the living room area, a beer in his hand.

Harry entered and Jeff immediately greeted him, as he always did, by asking him how he had been doing on his songwriting. Jeff might come off as a jerk but really he cares about Harry and just wants him to do his best because he knows that he's capable of it. He was a lot like a parent in that sense. 

"Harry!" The brunette heard a familiar voice greet him cheerfully.

Harry turned to find his good friend, Tom Hull, standing in the doorway in a pair of shorts and slippers.

"Tom! So glad you made it." Harry smiled, hugging his friend who he towered over.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world. How are you holding up?" Tom discreetly asked him while they were hugging.

"I'm doing good." Harry said as he pulled away with a small nod, not wanting to go into details.

"So, you're staying in a joint apartment Jeff tells me?" He asked.

"That I am." Harry nodded.

"Why?" Tom asked, laughing slightly at the idea of Harry willingly wanting to share an apartment with a stranger.

"Just felt like it." Harry shrugged, not giving away the real reason as to why. He hadn't admitted it to anyone, but it was because he didn't want to be lonely and was afraid of what he might do if he was alone. That, and he wanted to feel like Harry again and not Harry Styles: like a person. Sometimes he missed how things used to be before he became famous.

"You're always welcomed to stay here, Harry." Tyler, the producer, said as he walked over and hugged Harry.

"I know and thank you for the offer. I'm enjoying just being somewhat normal right now though." Harry responded.

"Only because the roommate is a hot girl." Jeff rolled his eyes as he scrolled through his phone, not looking up during the conversation.

"Oh, a girl?" Tom widened his eyes and gave Harry a suggestive look.

"How would you know if she's hot?" Harry inquired, completely confused.

Jeff then clicked a few things on his phone before showing the screen to the two men, a photo of Stella placed front and center. In the photo, Stella was wearing a low dipped shirt with a cross and had a flirtatious smile on her face while holding a drink in her hand and touching a black cowgirl hat that she had on. Harry glanced at the caption to see that it said, "I know how to ride it."

"That is one good looking girl, mate." Tom approved of Stella as if Harry needed him to.

"Who's the pretty girl?" Sammy, Harry's engineer, asked as he walked through the door.