Thirty-four

That evening, i couldn't forget what Jinyoung told me this morning. It was too sudden, for me i guess.. but had it long enough for Jinyoung in his feelings.

I bit my lower lip while looking down to the food i was eating. "What's the matter?" Namjoon asked. "N-no nothing" I shook my head and looked around weirdly

But Namjoon saw it through and said "Daeun and your mom went to see the doctor, about your permission to dismiss from the hospital"

"I can?"

"Maybe, soon" He smiled. "I know something is wrong, tell me about it"

"No.. Seriously it's nothing" I smiled as he held my face with one hand. I placed my hand on his and closed my eyes. "Thank you for everything" I smiled warmly.

He did too, but then his smile was gone as he removed his hand.

"We need to report it to the police" Namjoon reminded me about the proofs in our hands. "Yes we need to tell them about it. Sooner is better" I grinned.

Namjoon just smiled weakly "Yes.. That way they can't escape and your family will be safe" Namjoon continued. I looked at him full with confusion, "what's wrong?"

"Im just tired, that's all"

"Sorry.. Go rest" I bit my lower lip because worried and guilty about him. He just chuckled "I will when Daeun and your mom is here, dont worry much about me. By the way, stop doing that, it's attracting me" he ruffled my hair with his hand.

My eyes widened and stopped biting my lower lip as i looked around "Shut up" I said in shame. He sat down next to me, on the edge of the bed "Do u want me to feed you?" He asked.

"No it's okay" I grinned, preventing him from taking the spoon. "Wait no, i take back my question and will do it anyway" He smiled wide and took the spoon from my hand as he wanted to feed me.

"Here, your soup" He showed a spoonful soup. i was hesitated but i gave up and just drank the soup anyway. He took the chopsticks too and fed me the rice, and other side dishes.

He is acting weirdly, is there something wrong or he just miss me or something like that?

•••

That night, when i was about to sleep, someone sent me a message.

'Sorry about this morning. That was a sudden confession. I bet you are disturbed by that'

- Jinyoung

I gulped before i was typing to reply him but suddenly Jinyoung called me.

"Y-yes?"
"How are you?"
"Fine.. You?"
"As usual. Im sorry to call you, i just need to make sure you read my message"
"Yes i read yours and about to reply.. You dont need to apologise actually, it's me the one who needs to"
"why?"
"You confessed to me, and im sure everyone wants a good reply"

He chuckled

"A friendship with you is enough as a good reply. I never thought of u to accept me, dont worry about that"

I was in silence and he laughed a bit again

"Dont mind about it so much. It's a relief that i let it out. Okay then, it's time to go to bed. Eat your medicine and get well soon"

A smile appeared on my face

"Yes, thank you. Goodnight"
"Goodnight"

•••

The day after i got out from the hospital, Namjoon brought me to somewhere with mom's permission.

He took me out to, walking around, watching a movie with him, shopping and do everything or i can say, a date.

It was too sudden, this makes me even confused and ashamed because i've never go one with him.

"You kept on covering your face, why?" Namjoon asked. "Not covering, i just can't stop being shy" I scoffed. "And.. Why is that?"

"You have no idea how much time i spent on choosing my outfits. Plus, aren't we supposed to report everything to the police?"

he stopped walking and nodded with a smile "In the evening, we will go there, just give me some time"

Some time? What does he mean?

"So, Daeun said you took the whole four hours to get ready?"

I cleared my throat and stroked my hair slightly. "W-well it's hard since this is new to me"

He looked at me and smiled as he pinched my both cheeks. "Now i know why they said dating a highschooler sometimes can be fun"

With a funny face, i asked him "Wuttt"

"because you are innocent, unexperienced in this kind of thing which leads you to a cute person" He stopped pinching me and put a hand behind my head before he pulled me and kissed me right away, by the street.

I was surprised with his actions "Namjoon, they are staring" my face heated up, as i can figure out how red i was. "It's just a kiss, not something else. Or would you rather doing that 'something' since it's at a closed place?"

"Yah!" i hit him and he pecked me before he laughed. "See that? A cutie"

That evening, when the sky was getting dark, all of us including Jinyoung went to the police station to report about the incident.

We should've gone earlier but mom doesn't want them to bother me when i was in hospital, plus Namjoon's words somehow disturb me so much.

Namjoon just stood there, with a weak smile.

Why he acts this way?

We went in alone for each room. Being interviewed by the inspector.

As soon as she told me to tell her the whole story, i became nervous but i just breathed out and decided to tell everything.

"It starts with my dad, he divorced with my mom but not only that, he took away all of mom's money, left nothing in her account. We did everything to tame it back but we never succeed to. Until the moment i found out about a hacker named--" My eyes widened and i covered my mouth.

I shouldn't have said that

But still, if i didn't, mom and daeun must have said it. We need to share the same story or we will be guilt.

I totally forgot about it., about Namjoon as a hacker.

He lied to many people, there's no way he can escape now.

••

After i gave the inspector every explanations she wanted, i walked out from the room emotionless, looking down in fear.

Suddenly, someone came to me and gave me a side hug. "No worries. It's a good thing that you didn't lie or this thing will be worse"

"Is this why you act differently today and the other day?" I asked without looking at him.

"Yes, because i've never forget that they are searching for me. There's no point of hiding now, im tired of it. Plus, i decided to not hacking anything anymore" He chuckled.

"I guess, the title namjoon the hacker is completely gone by now"