Nine

While i was making breakfast, Daeun walked downstairs and sat on the chair at the dining table. She didn't even greet or look at me, and just playing with her phone.

I tightened the glass in my hand because felt so disappointed pkus sad because of her attitude but i succeed to calm down and walked to the table with two plates in my hands.

"U-unnie" She spoke up and looked at me. I know those puppy eyes, "Im sorry" She apologised. I was shocked yet not too shock because i know she will apologised no matter how late it is.

"For?" i asked. "You know, treating you like this and i became a drug--" She sighed after she realised what she has done.

"Can i trust you this time, promise me dont do the same mistakes ever again" She nodded and smiled a bit. "Promise" At the same time, mom aporoached us and we both changed the topic quickly, to make sure mom wouldn't know about the incident.

As usual, both of us walked to the school and saw someone stood by the wall, waiting for someone. He wore sunglasses, without mask nor beanie. He seemed different today. he even wore a suit.

"Go first" i told Daeun and she nodded, walking in without asking anything. In hurry, i walked to Namjoon "What are u doing here?" i asked.

"My battery's flat so i can't inform you through it. We can't go on for today, i need to attend my friend's funeral"

I covered my mouth, feeling shocked. "A friend? Im sorry to hear that"

He tapped my shoulder with a simple smile and got into the car as he bid a goodbye and drove off.

Quickly, i ran into the school compound and entered the building. "Funeral?" I asked myself. "So.. he does have a friend" I told myself and went all the way to my class.

•••

With the pen, i played with it while knocking the desk slightly, and sometimes sketched something on the paper.

"What are u thinking about?" Sunghi asked. My gaze changed to her "You have telepathy or something? Im just sketching!" I pointed to the paper. "Eventhough we've just for few months, clearly i can see that's the way you always do if u are in the mid of thinking"

She sat next to me and used her hand to supported her face. "So tell me, what's bothering you so much?"

"Nothing? My friend, im a happy ever after person" i grinned. "You know what, even your smile can't lie to me. Because of those wrinkles. You are lacked of sleep, dont you?"

"Im playing games"

"Oh"
"Wait what?"

"Believe me, im so addicted to the game. Now let me rest, oh come on it's so tiring"

"O..kay" She nodded and left, let me rest for a while.

•••

"Attention to all of the students and teachers. Please be gathered in the hall now. Thank you"

Sunghi woke me up and i looked around in sleepy way. "What?" i asked, still half asleep. "They announced that we need to go to the hall now. Let's go"

"What? Too sudden?" i asked while still in blank and Sunghi pulled my hand, brought me to the hall.

In sleepy way, i walked to the hall and Sunghi accidentally let go of my hand. I noticed that and shook my head, blinking twice to get a clearer vision and looked around.

"Heol, how did i get here?" I asked to myself and looked around. "Okay so my class is.." I wanted to go forward but someone stopped in front of me and i almost bumped into him.

"Whoa, sorry" I apologised and looked up to the tall guy. "It's okay, do u know where i can find class 3?"

He is in the third science class, but why i've never seen him before?

"It's next to my class..." i looked at his nametag. "..Jinyoung" I continued.

He is a new student i guess.

"Really? Thank goodness"

"Come, follow me"

Both of us walked to the seats and i pointed to him. He bended down to me, to see where i was pointing, makes me surprised because his face was close beside mine.

"Oh right, thank you" he nodded and left.

"Ahyoung!" I heard Sunghi shouted fron the side, and i hurriedly went to her. "Sorry" She apologised. "Who is that by the way?" She asked.

"No idea. Maybe i new student"

"He's hot and cute at the same time" She elbowed me and laughed a bit. "Yes he is"

That night, while i was eating dinner with Daeun and mom, i spoke up in sudden.

"Mom, im deciding to get a part time job" I told her.

"For what?"

"It's not fair to see you work in two shifts, just let me go to part time job after school. I promise i won't make any trouble"

"But honey-"

"Okay let me get it clear. Mom, i know that you will not let me so i've prepared some reasons. You need to let me because studying is not as hard as working, plus im a young person, still has energy and last, i dont want you to be sick. I've watched kdrama, movies and else, most of them the main character's mom will be in the hospital because too exhausted"

Both looked at me and speechless for a moment. "I told you she's addicted to those dramas" Daeun told mom.

"Anyway, please let me" I grinned awkwardly, trying to gain trusts from mom. "I promise i will just work and go home straight away"