Chapter 9

Alex's POV

Yesterday evening, Winter called asking me if I had thought about coming as her plus one to her grandfather's birthday party and it made me question in my head if she wanted me to be there or not. And as if on cue, as if she read my thought she said she hadn't implied in that way and if I wasn't coming she was going to persuade me to come either way, which made my heart swell. She told me she was going to pick me up so we can go shopping for the perfect dress for the party in which I'm excited about to be honest but in all honesty something has been fishy like Annabel hasn't made a scene in my office or anywhere I am which I'm happy about to be honest but very so unlike her, I wonder what could she be planning? My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on my office and I see it open only to see Jason walking in with an all know smirk and a sly glint in his eyes.

"Your girlfriend  is here to pick you up for your mall date, you ready?" I roll my eyes ant his emphasis on the word girlfriend.

"Thanks and second of all she's not my girlfriend and I don't think I'm ready for that step yet after what you-know-who did to me" I let out and exasperated sigh as I get out of my seat, luckily I don't have anymore meetings for today nor paperwork perks for being a workaholic. I took my nude brown jacket as I decided to go with a Korean style look today which I'm starting to love by the way.

 I took my nude brown jacket as I decided to go with a Korean style look today which I'm starting to love by the way

(Alex's outfit)

"Aww, I understand your feelings but give her a chance you never know she just might be the 'one'" I fight the urge to roll my eyes at Jason's comment.

"Oh s'il le plait celui que tu as mentionnè est bien trop loin pour moi en ce moment et je lui donne une chnace mais je ne veux juste pas que'lle tombe ammoureuse de moi ca complique les choses" (oh, please the 'one' you just mentioned is way too far for me at the moment and I am giving her a chance but I just don't want to her to fall for me, it complicates things)

"Et quelles choses exactement finiriez-vous pas compliquer?" (and exactly which things would you end up complicating?) to be honest to be in a serious relationship I just can't not after the emotional scar Anna left on me.

"You're scared aren't you? That if you let her in she will do you dirty just like what that bitch did to you huh?" Damnit he knows me way too much that I just do nothing but nod guilt clearly showing in my eyes.

"I hope you know what you're doing Alex, anyways go what are you waiting your lover awaits" I quickly get past him as I make my way to the elevator and as make my way out of the company I see a white Range Rover Luvar just down the steps and there she is wearing a brown almost army green button up shirt that was untucked in her pair of white suit pants and I must say damn did she look hot it looked so good on her , the causal yet formal looked looked on point and to match she wore a silver bracelet. I did a double take as my eyes roamed her body and with every movement of my eyes the more I wanted her.