Chapter 24: Unification Ceremony.

S E B A S T I A N 

It's here. 

Tonight. 

The Unification Ceremony is tonight, and I feel nothing but joy and anticipation. 

I can't wait to make Ember mine in every sense of the word officially, the Alpha, my former rival... and now the love of my life. We have overcome many obstacles and challenges to be together, from our initial hatred to our past traumas. She has accepted me for who I am, flaws and all, and I worship her for everything she is.

I want this day to be perfect and memorable for both of us.

"So, are you ready?" Ivory asks me with a smirk on her face. 

She is sitting across the desk from me in my office, where I have been trying to work but failing miserably. She knows how eager I am to finish this day and start the ceremony.

"At least I am not as nervous as you were at your ceremony with Flora. You were so sick that you could barely stand up, let alone say your vows." I tease her, remembering how she looked like a ghost on her big day.

Ivory and Flora married two weeks ago, so I don't get what's there to brag or be smug. 

"That was not nerves. That was alcohol poisoning. Thanks to your mate and her brilliant idea of taking me out for a wild night before the ceremony. I don't think I have ever drunk so much in my life!" Ivory says, laughing at the memory of their crazy bachelorette party.

One word: Disaster. It was a disaster. 

I roll my eyes and snort. "You didn't seem to mind at the time. You were having a blast dancing and flirting with everyone. It was only after Flora found out that you blamed it on us like we dragged you out against your will." I point out, knowing how furious Flora was when she saw Ivory's condition.

Flora is one scary she-wolf when she is angry. 

"Flora is very protective of me, you know that," Ivory says, rolling her eyes at how possessive her mate is.

"Protective or controlling? You might want to check that leash she has on you, Ivs. You might need some breathing space." I mock her, knowing she hates it when I say that.

"Fuck you. I bet Ember keeps you in line, too. She's the real Alpha in your relationship." She retorts, trying to get under my skin.

I grin wickedly, then wink at her. "Oh, yeah. She knows how to take charge when it matters most. Don't you worry about that," I say in a suggestive tone, making her cringe.

"Eww." She shakes her head in disgust and narrows her eyes. "I don't want to hear any more details than that, thanks big bro." 

She quickly gets up from her seat and leaves my office, probably trying to erase my last comment from her mind.

***

45 days.

That's right. I waited for this day for 45 days to come, and it's finally here. I will marry the woman I love and unite our packs as one... Woah! 

There she is. 

The reason that takes my breath away and makes my heart race. I gasp in awe.

My Mate. Rayne. 

I mentally snort at Duke's whipped self, but who am I kidding? I'm madly and completely in love with that beautiful, stubborn, headstrong woman.

Ember looks flawlessly gorgeous at the end of the aisle in her ceremony dress. I clench my hands, trying to be calm and patient and not ripping our guests' eyes for merely looking at her.