Chapter 7: A Friend.

E M B E R

I halt once I reach the first floor and immediately drop the bucket next to my leg as I stare down at the black bellies before I clench my fists and grit. 

Ugh! 

I fling the cloth away so that it grazes my skin, and I watch it land on the floor. 

In utter annoyance, I look up and run my hand through my hair as I grumble, "Seriously, what the heck! I need to get out of here soon—" but I pause right after hearing light footsteps somewhere around the corner. 

I press my lips and narrow my eyes to look out for the intruder; ironic. 

Come on, my powers. You have got to heal faster. What's taking so long? 

I roll my eyes and huff, glancing at the bucket. 

With a low groan escaping my lips, I reluctantly pick it up again. "Let's just get this shit over with for now." 

Once I dust, wipe and clean the velvety red carpet, the dark-coloured walls, the cabinets, the pictures of random picturesque sceneries, flower fields and whatnot, I don't realize how many hours I have been doing until there is a loud crash! 

I halt in my actions and blink, turning and looking only at a woman with long wavy platinum blonde hair, of short stature and in a simmer backless top, and hot pink flared trousers, perfectly fitting her curvy body. 

Compared to me, she is definitely hotter.

Oh, please! You're hotter and so much prettier than anyone else, Ember.

I smirk and roll my eyes. 

Ha, thanks, Rayne! 

Especially her. I laugh under my breath until I notice the broken glass and wet stains. I frown. "What the heck!" 

The woman looks at me after noticing what she did and then shamelessly tilts her head and peeks her tongue out, "Oops, Jenna says sorry!" the tone of her voice doesn't sound apologetic at all, more condescending and arrogant, and isn't it just annoying when someone speaks about themselves in the third person?

I lean back and scowl, "Sorry? Is that even sufficient? I don't think so." she giggles which makes my frown deepen, and I cross my arms. "I just fucking cleaned this floor up—" she looks around and then back at me with her eyebrow raised, and her smile remains intact. "You call this clean? Jenna doesn't think this is clean." 

I narrow my eyes, and Rayne growls. 

"Excuse me?" I raise my eyebrow and then scoff, "I have been cleaning for I don't know how long, and you dare to prance around and ruin—" her demeanour changes as she straightens up and places a hand on her hip. "What did you say to Jenna?" in a moment of silence, she gives me a once-over in disgust and then steps up, clearing her throat, "You are a maid." 

Trying to maintain a cold, killer look, in vain, she shoves a finger on my shoulder and snaps, "You are a mere fucking maid, and you dared to ask Jenna; how dare I?" she shoves me once, twice and then yells, "How fucking dare you!" only for me to interrupt with a scoff, taking her by surprise.