Chapter 5: A Fucking Maid!?

E M B E R

He lets go of me and turns around to leave. I don't intend to let my glare off him when he infuriates me further by looking over and locking eyes with me, "You brought it on yourself, so don't scowl at me." 

What the heck!  

Rayne swoons over his husky voice while I clench my fists at his smirk as I watch him take off, closing the door behind him.  

I gape at the closed door and then move, only to kick the door hard. I lean against it and groan. Ugh! What does he think of himself? I want to rip that smirk, no, his entire existence, off from this world. I run a hand through my hair and let out a string of swear words, "What a dingbat! Dipshit! Jerk! Son of a bitch!" 

I narrow my eyes and look over as I huff in annoyance, "Piss off." 

How could you act like that, Ember? He is our — Rayne finds a way to slip in through my reverie, but I groan and block my wolf for the rest of the night as I move back toward the bed. I notice what a humble-looking room it is but then, who cares? I roll my eyes and scoff as I flop down on the bed, wondering what to do next. 

Wait. 

I sit up straight and cross-legged. 

I should be connecting myself with Dex or Flora, or anyone from Crimson Shadow. I tried for hours but could feel how weak I currently am. I need to rest to regain my powers, but I am too anxious yet too pissed that I don't think I can find sleep tonight. 

I flop back on the bed and stare at the ceiling, letting out a pathetic sigh. Rayne, like an annoying bee, manages to slip and swoon over that face who threatened me and apparently gave me no choice but to live here. 

Ugh, why does that jerk have to be my mate, and why is my wolf already head over heels for Duke, his wolf? 

With my eyes drooping, I find myself slipping in and out of consciousness before my eyes shut close and sleep comes over me. 

The morning sun rays kiss me awake a few hours later, and as I grimace, I twist and turn on the other side and pull the sheets to cover me when there is a knock on the door. I groan and snuggle closer, but another sharp knock brings me back to reality, and my eyes flutter open as I groan while trying to adjust to the light in the room. 

Woah! I can't believe I actually fell asleep last night. 

I take a peek and turn, narrowing my eyes at the door and wondering now who would be out there this early as yesterday's events jog into my mind. 

Oh, wait. What if that jerk comes back? 

It would be so cool if our mate came to greet us. 

I roll my eyes and grunt. Do not start this again early morning, Rayne.

With hugs and kisses... Rayne grins. 

Ugh, I prefer breakfast in bed, but never from him. A groan escapes my lips as I ignore my wolf and unhurriedly drag myself out of bed. I walk toward the door to unlock the latch and open it ajar cautiously, only to find a middle-aged woman in a black dress with a white collar and a sleek, neat bun. 

I raise my eyebrow in confusion while she looks blankly at me, "Yes?" 

"Ms Emmy, right?"

"Uh, sure." I shrug nonchalantly when the woman brings out a bag in my sight and shoves it into my arms. 

I frown. "What is this?" 

"I have been informed about the new member of the housekeeping staff. Go freshen up and meet me in the kitchen in five minutes," she states.