Chapter 8: Being Childish!

E M B E R

A loud knock at the door wakes me up with a jolt. Then, with a groan, I drag myself out of bed and walk toward the door. 

I open it and snap, "What?" only to be greeted by the poker-faced Fiona. I grimace and mutter, "Ugh, what now?" 

She doesn't answer me immediately. 

Instead, she takes a deep breath and then looks back at me, "It's five in the morning now. I am here to wake you up —" "Oh, is it?" I interrupt her as I raise my eyebrows and peek my head out the door to check for myself. It indeed is darker outside compared to the shithole with a dimmed bulb I am currently thrown in. Ugh, cold too. 

A shiver runs down my back, and I cough up, "So, come back later, then. It's only five." "Exactly! What are you waiting for?" Fiona states with her deadpan expression. 

I stare at her for a while before I sigh and proceed to close the door, only to be stopped by her as she grabs the knob and asks, "Where are you going now? I said it's —" I interrupt her as I take a deep breath and step up with a fake smile, "Don't I have to change? Or would it be okay for me to wear my own clothes, huh?" 

Fiona gives me a once-over and immediately lets go of the door as she leans back and sighs, "Fine! But get out in five minutes. We have a lot to do before Alpha gets up."

 I roll my eyes and shut the door behind me, irritated at Rayne's fangirling at the mere mention of him. 

Until the sun's rays penetrate the thick woods, I work myself in the stables and help the omegas carry things here and there when Fiona assigns me cleaning duty, starting with his room. That's right. I am going to clean my mate's room.  

This is a nightmare! 

I stare at the closed mahogany door and grit. This is madness. Pure madness to be an Alpha of one of the strongest packs yet to work as a maid in the house of one's rival. I can't believe my awful luck! What are the fucking chances that he even ended up being my mate? I groan under my breath as I lift a hand to knock, but the door creaks open on its own. 

Uh, okay!? I tilt my head and peek before I step inside. 

I notice the room to be very simple compared to the extravagance of the mansion. It's a black-and-white bedroom with a floor-to-ceiling built-in wardrobe. 

But is this our mate's room? He sleeps here. I wonder when he will let us be here as lovers. 

I snort at my wolf's ridiculous wish and then take a quick scan, only to notice the scattered papers and clothes almost everywhere. 

Did he spend the night working here? 

Oh, my! He works hard for his pack. 

That's when I hear someone let out a groan. Cautiously, I turn my head and let out a low gasp at the sight of someone — shirtless. 

"Hey, you!" Sebastian glances over and smiles flirtatiously. 

Oh, my, my... look at him shirtless. 

My heart unwillingly skips a beat, and I clench my fist. 

He seems tired, yet he still looks so fresh! 

I wish I could have him already. 

I shake my head and clear my throat as I grit, "Excuse me, sir, I heard that you called for me?" I actually did overhear Fiona talking about sending me to his room because he asked for me.