Chapter 12: Possessive Much?

E M B E R

The next day seems to be busier than ever! Everyone is working twice as they usually do, and there is so much chaos here, especially in the vast backyard of this mansion. And I am just, uh, helping before Fiona orders me to get the crates with glass bottles from the kitchen. 

That's how I meet Ivory pacing around. 

I frown and place a hand on her shoulder, "Are you okay?" 

Startled, Ivory stops and swings her head in my direction as she gasps. Her eyes widen, but then she lets out a relieved sigh and mutters, "Oh, it's you." 

I let go of my hand and ask, "Is something the matter? You look tense—" her lips curl up into a snarl, and she runs a hand through her hair in frustration as she grumbles, "Well, it's unfair." what is? "I can't believe it." what can't? "How can this even happen? I am so furious." She stays mum while trying to understand my face, in vain because I am good at controlling my emotions. 

Always have, especially after that night, since my pack needed a sane leader to lead. 

She sighs, blurting out, "She got away." my eyebrows furrow prominently in confusion when she pouts, buries her head in her hands and groans, looking at me in defeat, "She got away with it." 

I try to be nonchalant as I ask, "Uh, walk me through, Ivory. What happened?" 

To which she rolls her eyes and huffs, "Jenna happened." 

Oh. I let myself relax because that bitch doesn't actually concern me except that the next time I see her, I might kill her. Ivory continues, "I heard from Clayton that Jenna got away for what she did to you yesterday." I see her flinch, clearly recalling how hard I was slapped. "What did she do?" I inquire. 

Ivory takes a while to answer and then sarcastically snorts and embarrassingly tucks a hair behind, "It's seriously unfair when a whole bunch of people witnessed the scene, yet they refused to recall it and pretend as if nothing happened." I don't give a damn and stay mum. "Just because her family holds an influential position, she got away by threatening people not to testify and even forced her friend to confess in her stead." 

She hisses, "That thoughtless brat."

I smile at her as she murmurs, "Clayton said he had no choice but to punish the false culprit, which is okay but still so unfair. You are the victim, yet the assailant gets away." 

"Yeah, it's a pretty sad and harsh reality of the world." I state when she mumbles, "How positive." Then she awkwardly chuckles before burying her face in her hands and groans. I pat her shoulder for a while when suddenly Ivory straightens up and looks back at me. "You know what—" I raise my eyebrow, and I take a step back as she smugly exclaims, "I bet if you knew how to fight like us, you could kick her ass." 

Oh, please! Jenna won't be alive if she faces me as the Alpha and with my powers. In fact, I am sure this whole place would burn down if I wanted to, but Ivory ... her statement astonishes me. She doesn't know the truth about me yet. I blink and then laugh,  "Haha, I still can kick her sorry ass." 

"I would buy a ticket to that show, please." Clayton grabs our attention with his appearance, and Ivory snorts with a remark, "Oh, yeah, I would like to have the first-row experience too." the three of us laugh when I look at Ivory and tilt my head, grinning, "Thanks for standing up for me, though." 

She grins back as she squeezes my hand and snorts, "Of course, that's what friends are for." 

"Aww, it's good to see you two getting close," Clayton states with a warm smile.