Chapter 17: First Date.

E M B E R

"No way! I don't accept at all."

I cross my arms and pout.

Sebastian appears in my vision and animatedly exclaims, "Well, you have to. Ivan declared that I won."

I huff, "Oh, please! You must have bribed him. After all, he belongs to your pack."

He rolls his eyes and grits. "I didn't bribe, and I'm not a cheater."

"Says every cheater," I mutter indignantly.

"Oh, excuse me! I won fair and square, understand —" "Fair and square?" my eyes twitch in annoyance, and I dramatically wave my hands and then put them on my hips as I exclaim, "It wasn't fair and square. You cheated, and I want a freaking rematch." however, that's when he leans down too close to my face and grins, "I don't want to." I frown, and he shrugs, "You must know that if you fight by the rules, you'll get your ass kicked."

I gape at him incredulously and scoff at that stupid smirk on his face, "I don't fight by the rules either, but trying to seduce me and blowing your breath into my ear on the field aren't exactly rules. I demand a rematch, or else I —" he mocks me as he breathes out into my ear, "Everything is fair in love and war, love." he winks.

Ignoring the tingly feeling through my body, I glare at his pompous self and growl at his teasing tone, "Ugh!"

It follows with a carefree laugh escaping his mouth.

I begin to stomp away when he humorously calls out, "So, you better get ready and come out by five. I have something to show."

As promised, I later meet and catch up with Flora until Ivory intervenes, when I learn they turn out to be mates. Shocking, but the two look very cute together. I have been teasing them for the past hours while they do the same, as they help me with my date's outfit and listen to me vent my frustration about Sebastian.

It takes us around an hour to finalize the outfit and get ready, and then the girls help me with light makeup. Then, I tie my hair into a cute double braid and bun with a pleated hair scarf and turn to look into the mirror.

Woah, I look good.

I don a plain black sweater and pair it with a green pleated skirt, white sneakers and a black colour bag to colour-coordinate the look. I complete it by adding on a few necklaces, bronze rings and bracelets.

No, I look hot!

I proudly grin.

"Oh, My God!" Ivory exclaims and looks at me like a proud mamma hen while Flora stays by her side and nods in approval like a proud dad.

I look over at them through the mirror and boldly smack my lips, "Gee, thanks."

I leave the girls to have their low-key movie marathon date as I descend the stairs and silently acknowledge their stares and hesitant greetings before my eyes land on Clayton.

My smile fades, and I stop on my track.

He turns his head toward me, and our eyes lock. I anxiously tighten my grip on the strap of the bag and clench my jaw, trying hard not to look awkward, when he tilts his head and warmly smiles at me — that smile which tells me, "it's okay", "we're fine", "have fun, Luna", and lets relief rush all over my body and loosens my tense muscles.

I can't help but smile back with a tiny wave.

Clayton waves back.

Relieved, I subtly nod and walk out of the main door. I stand on the porch and take a deep breath before something— or someone catches my eye.