Chapter 19: Stand By Me.

E M B E R

It's dark. 

I flinch. "Mmm..." 

I slowly open my eyes and raise my head to look up. "Where am I—?" I murmur, but then I feel restrained.

Still, in a trance, I deeply frown and wonder. 

Why am I tied up? 

I try to shake and wiggle when I freeze. 

Oh, that's right! 

My eyes widen in realization as my brain lets me recall the most recent memory before I blacked out or passed out: I was abducted, and I don't remember anything after that. 

I pout and slump as I turn around to scan this small dingy room I am kept in. Questions keep rising in my head. What time is it now? Why kidnap me? And who could have done this—?! 

That's when something rattles outside, and the leaves lightly rustle as I flinch. 

The door creaks open ajar. 

Warily, I stare at the silhouette of a male figure and frown. Is that the person who kidnapped me? It's a hooded man with only the lower side of his face uncovered. What was his name? Despite being tough and courageous, I feel shaky and trembly when a voice haughtily declares, "Oh, so you're finally awake." 

A hooded man steps closer, and I cower as I snap, "Don't come closer, loser."

"Ha, you don't have to be prudent. I'm not going to do anything to you."

I glare at him and scoff, "What a load of bullshit! I'd rather die than trust the words of a fucking kidnapper!"

He says nothing but then sighs in response before kneeling and grabbing my chin. I restlessly try to jerk my face away and growl when he pulls his hood and smirks, "I promise I won't hurt you. After all, we know each other." 

I gasp and gape at the familiar face. 

Graham?

His eyes, his smile, and his whole aura make me shiver. 

It's evil. 

Something very evil.

Ugh, who cares! 

A deadpan expression replaces the surprise on my face, and I glare at him, "You have got to be kidding me?!" 

His smirk makes me so annoyed that I shout at the top of my lungs, "Listen! I know you hate me, but this has gone too far and is too childish. And did I mention cliche? What are you? A freaking idiotic villain?" 

Peeved, Graham huffs, "Shut up! Who are you calling childish and idiotic?!" 

"Wait!" I raise my tied-up hands in the front to poke a finger into his face. "You don't get to tell me to shut up, you stupid villain! Were you reading some fantasy novel with a B-grade kidnapping plot?" 

I shake my head and shrug, "Seriously? You can't even be a better villain. What's the point of having you here?" 

"Ugh!" Graham groans and rolls his eyes as he stands back.

I sigh, "I know we got off the wrong foot, but you still crossed the line by kidnapping your Alpha's mate. I don't think Sebastian is going forgive—"

Graham flinches and stares at me. "What?" 

"That's right. You hated me, and you got your revenge, so how about let's go back, and I will make sure Sebastian doesn't go overboard with your punishment. However, I don't know what I might do to you—" that's when he startles me by slamming his arm on the side of my head and leaning closer, "I don't think you understand the position you're in."