Chapter 3: He Can't Be My Mate.

E M B E R

I enter the mansion with Clayton by my side when that fool Graham makes his way only to grab me by my arm forcibly. I growl and wince in discomfort, and before Clayton can step up, Graham snarls, "What? What are you fucking dreaming? So what if you are just a meek human you thought we would let you treat well." he leans in and threatens me, "We don't differentiate, bitch. Those who intrude deserve no respect." 

I throw him a glare. 

Clayton yet steps up now. "Easy, Graham! She is injured." 

Graham rolls his eyes and scowls, "I don't care." he then smirks at me, "You wait and watch how our Alpha will rip your heart out. I would enjoy those cries of yours—" I stop to look around when a familiar intoxicating scent blows past my nose, but then this third in command snarls and pushes me into a room. 

From the rich mahogany furniture, books filling the shelves, and the paintings on the walls to the dark maroon curtains with specks of gold not letting a single ray pass through and light up the room still, everything here gives a very royal vibe. But what's interesting is this scent which has become prominent now that I am in this room. 

"Alpha!" Graham lets go of me and bows down to greet followed by the rest, when the person at the centre roars, "What is the meaning of this?" 

I flinch a bit and ignore Rayne's sudden unusual purring. 

"I have never been disturbed for trivial matters, yet here you all are ruining my peace —" he scowls, and I slowly raise my gaze only to see a very God-like well-built muscular man behind his desk with a head of luscious flaming red hair, and around 6'3 or 6'4 tall. 

So this is the ruthless Alpha Sebastian Knight I have so heard about, and I flinch when his gaze shifts to me. 

Our eyes lock, and I feel lost. I don't know, but his dark green eyes don't seem as soulless as the rumours. It seems like apart from the two of us, there is no one else in this world. I shudder at this feeling in my stomach which is very fluttery, and my heart is pounding as if about to burst out when I let out a low gasp, and my eyes go wide with horror.

No! 

Midnight Hunters Alpha can't be my mate. 

No, this can't be.

On the contrary, Rayne howls in delight at the conclusion.

"Look away, bitch." the fool Graham pushes me down and presses my face against the floor before he passes me a smirk and then speaks to his Alpha, "We found an intruder, but it seems to me that the Beta doesn't wish to behead this female." 

I yelp in annoyance, but why does it feel like I heard him growl under his breath too? 

But then I hear him again, this time a little more clearly, "Is that so? It's the first time, Messer, that you have disobeyed me. Do you plan to rebel?" 

His deep voice. 

It's sexy. 

I roll my eyes.

It's hard to define, but his deep, raspy voice already makes me weak in the knees. 

Rayne howls in agreement. 

What the heck! 

I clench my fists on my lap and gnaw my lips in embarrassment. I then take a peek and catch a glimpse of him raising his eyebrows, but when he looks back at me, I dart my eyes away and try to ignore his intense gaze. However, that's when Clayton steps forward and bows out of respect, "I apologize, Alpha, but as you can see, the rogue, or whoever she is, isn't in good condition and seems innocent—"