Old Memories

I stare at the old shoebox with the words "2021-2023 memories" written on the top. "What's that" my daughter asked. We were looking through my childhood bedroom to try to find any photos as a teen, I never thought I would find this.

21-23 were the years when I got really close with the triplets, I even went on their first tour with them. I slowly lost contact with them after they moved to LA for good. They were a big part of my life.

I slowly sunk to the floor, my daughter following my actions, "it's the photos when I was around 18" I said, I always said I was going to print any good photo I took of me and my friends, I even had my own old camera I would bring everywhere, just in case it would be a good moment to take a photo. "Open it" my daughter said to me.

I slowly opened the top of the shoe box to see around 100 photos of me and the triplets. "Who's that?" She asked. "Nick, Matt, and Chris" I told her. "Triplets!" She said surprised. We were flipping through photos when I stoped at one. It was all of us at the beach, we were running to the water, I flipped to the next one to see all of us splashing each other.

Tears swelled in my eyes as I started flipping through the photos again. The photos were either me and the triplets smiling or a sunset photo. "You look just like me" I said to her. "You think so" she said to me. "I know so." I said to her. A tear dropped from my eye when I stopped at a photo of me and the triplets on their tour.

I was with them in all of their tours, I even went to LA with them sometimes for a couple of weeks, "when they asked me to travel all around the county with them I was so excited, your grandma on the other hand wasn't so happy. It took a weeks of convincing for her to let me go." I said to her. "Would you let me travel the county with my friends?" She asked Me. "No." I said to her with a laugh. "If they acted like them of course I would." I told her, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her in. "Do you still talk to them?" She asked me.

"They stopped making YouTube videos around 10 years ago. I still see them post on instagram and stuff like that. I haven't talked to them since they moved." I said to her as I flipped through photos, these ones were more of the sunsets then the triplets. "You should message them" she said to me.  "You think so?" I said turning my eyes away from the photos and to her. "I know so" she said with a laugh.

Maybe I would try to message them, see how they are. Would they be happy to talk to me.did they move back to Boston, if they did would we hangout? I think I should message them.

"I think I'll message them." I said putting the photos back into the shoebox. "Really!" She said excitedly. "Yeah I think I will, it would be good to catch up with them."  I said. "Did you like any of them?" She asked me.

"I liked Matt for a while before they moved, I was to scared to make a move" I told her. "Do you think of you made a move you guys would be together." She asked. "I don't think so, it would've been difficult to do long distance. And even if I went to LA I wouldn't have found your dad and I wouldn't have you." I said bring her into a hug and squeezing her. "Mom" she whined. "In joy the love." I said.

We pulled away and I grabbed the shoebox and closed it. "Can we bring it home?" She asked. "You wanna take it home?" I asked. "Yeah, it would be fun to show my own kids when I'm older." She said as I handed her the box. I smiled at her and we walked out of the room together.