Road Trip

This road trip was going to be a disaster, the car was full. Laura was in the drivers seat with Madi in the passenger seat, Chris and Nick behind them and me and Matt at the very back.

We were going to San Diego for a week, the drive was going to be around 2 hours. Hopefully I was going to be sleeping most of the drive. It took Chris thirty minutes to get all of our luggage into the van. He took to long because he wanted to make it as "spacious" as possible.

Matt and me were having a conversation about what I should get from ransom when Laura opened the door and got into the drives seat and started the car. "I wanna play my music" Nick said "absolutely not, I've always been in change of the music" Chris said turning over, facing him.

My eyes were closed, my head resting on the head rest behind me. I knew I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep due to the noises around me, I opened my eyes turning to face Matt. He was on his phone scrolling on Tik Tok. I turned my head again to face Chris and Nick.

"You are always in control of the music, why don't you let me have a chance" Nick shouted "because your music is dog shit that's why" Chris shouted back. Nick gasped slapping a hand on his chest "my music is amazing" Nick said shocked. Chris rolled his eyes and looked out the window beside him, Madi decided to play her own music.

The car was mostly silent but every so minute Nick would cut in singing the song that was playing. Laura and Madi were watching the road and Nick and Chris were on their phones.

"What do you think we're going to do in San Diego?" I turned and asked Matt. "I don't know. Hopefully we can just chill out, I really need a break" said Matt letting out a breath. I rested my head against the head rest closing my head and smiling.

"I'm tired" I said grabbing the blanket from beside me and laying it over my lap. "Me too" Matt said putting his phone down and grabbed the side of the blanket placing one side of the blanket over his lap, making both us us covered in a blanket. The blanket was warm and soft. The blanket was a white and blue plaid. It felt like I was wrapped in a cloud.

"Do you guys want to get food" Laura said. We all said yes and she drove into the Burger King parking lot "what does everyone want" she added "I don't know just get me something small" I said slowly starting to fall asleep, trying my best to stay up so I can eat.

"Ok sounds good" Laura said looking at me. I took my shoes off and brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them trying to get comfortable, it was hard to get comfortable on such a small place. Iun stretched my legs when Matt said "you can lay on me" Matt says "really" I say back opening my eyes and looking at him "yeah, I'm gonna be on my phone anyways" he says.

I layed down with my head in his lap and re-wrapped myself in the blanket. Laura pulled up into the drive-thru and ordered everyone's food. When Laura pulled up to the next window Nick said he would pay but Laura said it was ok and she paid for everyone, she got the bags of food and passed them back to Nick and Chris to hand out the everyone while Laura was pulling into a parking lot.

Chris passed Matt and my food to Matt and he rubbed my back asking me if I wanted to eat my food "mhm" I mumbled as he handed me my chicken nuggets and fries and I ate them while my head was still in his lap. Once I finished I put my garbage in the bag and got comfortable again, eventually I felt sleep take over me while Matt was rubbing my back.

——————————
Should I do a pt2 of like what they do in San Diego???