Chapter Twelve

Hailey finished her first round of chemo a few days ago. After dropping Elliott off at daycare, we went to the oncology office. She checked in and we both sat down. Hailey reached over to hold my hand and I intertwined our fingers. When the nurse called her back, I followed her into a room.

After her appointment, we went to the grocery store. "Are you feeling hungry?" She shook her head. We went around and picked up what we needed before picking up Elliott and going home.

We decided to sit outside under the large tree in my mom's backyard. I had my arm around Hailey and she laid her head on my chest. "Mama." Elliott handed her a dandelion. "Thank you Eli." She smiled and kissed his cheek. He giggled before running away.

"I want another." She pouted and looked at me. Before she started her treatment, we asked about potentially having another baby. The doctor that it was going to be difficult because of the chemo and radiation.

"I know baby." I kissed the top of her head. We continued to watch Elliott play and he eventually ran over to us. I pulled him into my lap and he smiled up at me. "Love you dada."

"I love you more little man."

"Hey mom, hey dad." Hailey hugged her parents when they came in. "Hey honey." Her mom, Kelsey, smiled as they both hugged me.

"Hey little man." Her dad, Ethan, picked up Elliott. We all went towards the dining room and sat down. My mom made Bolognese, a salad, and garlic bread.

Kelsey opened a bottle of red wine and gave the adults some. "You finished your first round of chemo right?" Her mom asked. Hailey nodded and sipped from her glass.

"Im going to start doing immunotherapy before chemo and radiation starts again." Everyone nodded and we started eating dinner.