Chapter Ten

I got back into my car with our pho containers to see Hailey sleeping. I smiled softly and kissed her cheek before putting everything down and driving home. I parked in the driveway and she turned over, moaning softly. "Hey." I whispered, shaking her. Her eyes fluttered before opening.

"We're home." I took my keys out of the ignition. She rubbed her eyes before getting out and going into the house. I grabbed our bags and went in after her.

"Hey Taur." My mom smiled from the sofa. "Hey, is Eli sleeping?" I asked and she nodded. "How was Hailey's treatment?" "Good, the doctor said that she'll get another radiation session in six months." I put our bags on the kitchen table.

Hailey and Elliott both woke up and we ended up eating our pho. I got a beef bowl and Hails got a chicken bowl. Eli had noodles and chicken. "This is so good." She slurped up the noodles. I nodded as we ate in silence.

"Can we take a walk?" She looked at me. "Yeah, we can go by the park huh?" I looked at Eli and he smiled widely with a noodle on his cheek. Hailey and I laughed and she cleaned it off for him.

Hailey put Eli's helmet on and he grabbed his bike. We went outside; the sun was starting to set so the sky was colored orange, pink, and lavender. Eli rode his bike up the sidewalk while Hailey and I walked hand in hand.

These are little moments that I love; us three spending time together. When Hailey and I met, I had the feeling that we were going to be together for a long time.

Eli got tired riding his bike so we started our way back home. Hailey was holding him and I had his bike. "I love you." Hailey smiled at me and I smiled back. "I love you more."