Chapter Three

It was a few days later and it was the day of Hailey's brain biopsy. I finished getting ready as she sat on the bed. "Ready?" I asked and she nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be." She stood up. I gave her a kiss on the temple before we went down the hallway. My mom was sitting on the sofa and when she saw us, she quickly stood up.

Hailey hugged my mom and she held her tightly. She was whispering in her ear and Hailey nodded occasionally. When they finished, Hailey pulled away. "I'll call you," I said to my mom as she hugged me. Mom nodded as we went outside. We both got into the car and I drove to the hospital.

I sat in pre-OP with Hailey as she sat on the hospital bed. She had on light blue scrubs and small markers on her forehead, behind her ears, and on the back of her head. The nurse came in and gave her some medicine to help relax her before she had to go back for the pre-OP MRI. Before they rolled her back, she looked up at me nervously.

"It's going to be ok baby," I whispered and kissed her gently. I felt warm salty tears hit my hand and I pulled away, wiping her face. "OK." She said shakily and I gave her another kiss on the forehead as she was escorted away.

"Hi, baby." I cooed when they brought her into her ICU room. She smiled sleepily. "Hi, Tauren." She waved. I sat close to her bed and grabbed her hand. The doctor then came in and patted her foot. "You did really good Hailey. We're going to keep you overnight and we'll have the results in a week or so." He said and she nodded. "Thanks, doctor." She smiled.