Chapter Six

•A Week Later•

Hailey and I sat in the oncology wing of our local hospital. Today is the day that Hailey begins her chemotherapy. She's going to take it for a week before starting her radiology. We held hands as doctors, nurses, and patients flowed in and out.

"Hailey Rudd." The nurse stepped out and we both stood up. I followed behind them as the nurse weighed Hailey and took her to an exam room to do her vitals.

"Alright, the doctor will be with you shortly." She smiled, got some hand sanitizer, and left the room. Hailey and I sat in silence. I looked over and her as she stared at her white Crocs.

"What are you thinking about babe?" I asked and she looked up at me. Her piercing blue eyes meeting my brown ones.

"Will you still love me when I lose all of my hair?" She whispered. "Hail, I will always love you no matter what you look like. You will still look beautiful with or without hair." She nodded and played with her shorter hair. She had to get it cut when she got her biopsy.

I stood up and leaned down in front of her, putting my hands on hers. "What does this say?" I asked, turning over my wrist. Our initials were written in cursive. "H + T." She traced it. I grabbed her chin and moved it so we looked in each other's eyes again.

"Hailey Renee, there will never be a day on this earth that I will never be truly madly and deeply in love with you." She smiled softly and leaned down to kiss me.

"I love you Tauren." I stood up. "I love you more Hailey." I sat back down and the doctor came in.

"Hello you two." He smiled and shook our hands, sitting at his chair. He explained the process of Hailey's treatment. She's going to be taking a chemotherapy pill called Temozolomide. She has to take it at the same time everyday for 42 days also while she is doing radiation. After the 42 days, she will take it for five days and then stop for 23 days.

She will be getting lab work done to make sure that the medicine isn't affecting her liver or other important organs. Hailey and I took all of the information in before we headed to the pharmacy to get her prescription.