Chapter One

"I'm on my way to pick him up now." I replied to my mom as I drove to my son, Elliott's daycare. His mom, my girlfriend Hailey had a seizure while she was at work. She's never had a seizure before. She's been complaining of headaches and vomiting when she wakes up but I told her that it's probably migraines from working.

"Alright Tauren, I'll see you at home." She said before hanging up. I pulled into the daycare's parking lot and got out of the car. I went inside and went to Elliott's classroom. He was sitting in a circle with a few other kids as they had circle time. I softly knocked on the door and the teaching assistant walked over.

"I called, I'm here to get Elliott." I said to her and she nodded. She went over to the circle and got Elliott. "Daddy!" He smiled and ran over. I chuckled as the teaching assistant handed him his bag. She opened the door for him and he ran over to me. I picked him up before taking him to my car.

I sat at my family's house while Elliott was eating a Happy Meal from McDonald's. My phone was sitting on my coffee table. It's been a while since Hailey arrived at the hospital and her family was still waiting until they get results. My phone started to ring and I immediately answered it.

"Hello." I replied. "Hey Tauren." Haileys mom, Kelsey, answered back. I could tell that she's been crying. I got up and went to where my mom was.

"How is she?" I asked. "She's doing well but this is something I have to tell you in person." I bit my lip.

"O-ok, I'll be right there." I said and hung up. "What did she say?" My mom asked. "I have to go up there. Will you watch Elliott?" I asked and she nodded. "Of course." I quickly walked out of the room and went out the door after say goodbye to my mom and Elliott.

Hailey was resting when I walked into her hospital room. I've never seen that many monitors connected to her. I said hey and gave hugs to her mom and dad. "Taur." She smiled weakly. I walked over to her and hugged her tightly. I kissed her forehead and I felt her pull me onto the bed.

"Babe." I chuckled. She laid her head on my chest and I felt her shaking. "What's wrong?" I asked her and looked over at her parents. Her dad sighed and her mom went into his arms. I looked at Hailey. "Tauren, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor."