Chapter Nine

It's been a few days since Hailey began taking her chemo and it's been really rough on her. She'll spend the entire day in bed and hasn't been able to keep much food down. Today I am taking her to her first radiation treatment. She's getting something done called Gamma Knife radio surgery.

Her doctors said that this is better than traditional therapy because it will target the cancer cells directly and not affect her normal cells. We got off the elevator on the oncology floor and we walked down the hallway to the office. I squeezed her hand and she looked at me.

"You ready?" I asked and she shrugged. She had on her glasses and her hair was put up in a ponytail. "Ready as I'll ever be." She checked in and we both sat down and waited.

Hailey's POV:

The doctor came in and explained what was going to happen; I had to change into some hospital scrubs and I was going to get fitted for a mask that has four little pins. Then I am going to get an MRI to make sure they know exactly where the cancer cells are and the treatment will start.

I took off my glasses and took off my clothes, handing them to Tauren, who folded them for me. I put on the ugly purple scrub shirt and pants before sitting back down until they called me back for the treatment.

Tauren's POV:

"Hey." I smiled when the nurse brought me into the recovery room. Hailey waved and smiled weakly; she had gauze on the top of her head with a chin strap. When the nurse left, I sat down beside her.

"The top of my head hurts." She frowned and I frowned too. "I'm sorry baby." I grabbed her hand and kissed it. "Can we get pho when we go home?" She pouted and I chuckled. "Of course, anything for you love."