Chapter Eleven

I gently brushed Hailey's hair as small chunks of strands came off. She frowned and met my eyes through the mirror. "It's time huh?" She asked, her lip slightly quivering. I felt my heart break as I hugged her tightly.

I felt her warm tears fall on my arm and I kissed her cheek. "Do you want me to cut it?" I asked and she nodded, wiping her eyes. I grabbed a towel from the linen closet to drape over her shoulders before plugging in my clippers. I put the guard on before turning it on. I looked in the mirror as Hailey wiped at her eyes again and closed them. I slowly started cutting her hair, the light brown pieces fell on her shoulders and the floor.

When I finished, I turned off the clippers and looked at the mirror. Hailey's shoulder length hair is now buzzed. She ran her fingers over it before grabbing some strands from her shoulder. "Do you want to keep it?" I asked and she nodded. She stood up and went to grab a sandwich bag. I watched as she put a few strands in it. She put it in the drawer on her side of the vanity and looked at me.

"Thanks for doing this." She wiped at her eyes.

"No problem." I held open my arms and she went into them.

After we ate dinner, Hailey and I went into Elliott's room. Hailey sat on the floor and we watched him take out his magni-tiles. "Mama, dada help." he looked between the both of us. I sat down too and we started building.

After building a castle, we started getting him ready for bed. We gave him a bath and read him a couple of stories. "Goodnight mama, goodnight dada." We gave him a kiss before going to bed.